Biology - Class 12 Multiple Choice Questions Highlights- 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) in Biology - Class 12 with a detailed explanation of every question.
- These MCQs are organized chapterwise and each Chapter is futher organized topicwise.
- Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic of a given Chapter in Biology - Class 12 Subject.
Who should Practice Biology - Class 12 MCQs?– Students who are preparing for various school tests such as unit-tests, term-tests, semester tests, half-yearly and yearly tests and examinations on Biology - Class 12.
- Students who are preparing for Online/Offline Tests/Contests in Biology for class 12.
– Students who wish to sharpen their knowledge of Biology.
– Students who are studying in CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE schools as well as various State Board schools.
– Students who are preparing for competitive examinations such as NTSE, Olympiad, etc for class 12.
– Students who are preparing for Central board examinations in Biology namely CBSE, ICSE, and NIOS Board.
– Students who are preparing for State board examinations in Biology such as PUC, Intermediate exams, etc.
– Students who are preparing for medical entrance examinations like NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER & SAT Exams in Biology.
Biology - Class 12 ChaptersHere's the list of chapters on the "Biology - Class 12" subject covering 100+ topics. You can practice the MCQs chapter by chapter starting from the 1st chapter or you can jump to any chapter of your choice.
- Reproduction in Organisms
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Human Reproduction
- Reproductive Health
- Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Human Health and Disease
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Biotechnology Principles and Processes
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Organisms and Populations
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Environmental Issues
1. Reproduction in Organisms
The section contains multiple choice questions and answers on organisms reproduction, asexual reproduction types, sexual and asexual reproduction, fertilisation events, pre and post fertilisation events in sexual reproduction.
2. Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
The section contains questions and answers on flowering plants sexual reproduction, microsporangium and pistil structure, pollen grain structure and its properties, megasporangium and embryo sac structure, abiotic and biotic agents of pollination, pollen-pistil interaction, double fertilisation, endosperm, monocot and dicot embryo structures, seed structure, apomixis and polyembryony.
3. Human Reproduction
The section contains MCQs on male and female reproductive system, male accessory ducts and glands, male and female external genitalia, mammary gland structure, spermatogenesis, sperm and ovary structures, oogenesis, menstrual cycle, fertilisation, implantation, parturition, lactation, pregnancy and embryonic development.
4. Reproductive Health
The section contains multiple choice questions and answers on reproductive health problems and strategies, population stabilisation, natural birth control methods, birth control barrier methods, intrauterine devices, oral and injectable contraceptives, contraception surgical methods, contraceptive methods side effects, pregnancy medical termination, infertility and assisted reproductive technologies.
5. Principles of Inheritance and Variation
The section contains questions and answers on inheritance mendels laws, one gene and two genes inheritance, punnett square, incomplete dominance and co-dominance, multiple allelism, inheritance chromosomal theory, linkage and recombination principles, polygenic inheritance, pleiotropy, sex determination, mutation, pedigree analysis, mendelian and chromosomal disorders.
6. Molecular Basis of Inheritance
The section contains MCQs on dna, polynucleotide chain structure, dna helix packaging, genetic material search and properties, dna replication experimental proof, transcription basics, rna types and transcription process in prokaryotes, genetic code, mutations, trna adapter molecule, translation, gene expression regulation, lac operon, human genome project, dna fingerprinting, hgp methodologies and sailent features.
The section contains multiple choice questions and answers on life origin, life forms-a theory evolution, adaptive radiation, evolution evidences, biological evolution, hardy weinberg principle, evolution mechanism, plants evolution, man origin and evolution.
8. Human Health and Disease
The section contains questions and answers on human health and diseases, bacterial and viral diseases in humans, protozoan and helminthic diseases, fungal and venereal diseases in humans, innate and acquired immunity, humoral immunity, active and passive immunity, vaccination and immunisation, allergies, autoimmunity, body immune system, aids, cancer causes and types, cancer detection and diagnosis, drugs and alcohol abuse.
9. Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
The section contains MCQs on animal husbandry, dairy farm and poultry farm management, animal breeding, controlled breeding experiments, apiculture, pisciculture, sericulture, animals viral and bacterial diseases, plant breeding, parasitic and protozoan diseases in animals, plant tissue culture, single cell protein, plant diseases and their controls, plant diseases caused by viruses, bacteria, fungi and nematodes.
10. Microbes in Human Welfare
The section contains multiple choice questions and answers on bioenergy, microbes, microbes in household and industrial products, sewage treatment microbes, microbes in biogas production and biocontrol agents.
11. Biotechnology Principles and Processes
The section contains questions and answers on biotechnology principles, recombinant dna technology processes, recombinant dna technology tools like restriction enzymes, cloning vectors and competent host.
12. Biotechnology and its Applications
The section contains MCQs on agriculture biotechnological applications, bt cotton, pest resistant plants, medicine biotechnological applications like genetically engineered insulin, gene therapy and molecular diagnosis, transgenic animals and ethical issues.
13. Organisms and Populations
The section contains multiple choice questions and answers on organism and its environment, major abiotic factors, adaptations, abiotic factors responses, growth models, population attributes, growth and interactions.
The section contains questions and answers on ecosystem structure and function, productivity, decomposition, energy flow, ecological pyramids and succession, hydrarch and xerarch succession, nutrient cycling, ecosystem services, carbon and phosphorus cycles.
15. Biodiversity and Conservation
The section contains MCQs on biodiversity basics and patterns, spices number on earth, species diversity importance, biodiversity loss and causes, biodiversity conservation, in-situ and ex-situ conservations.
16. Environmental Issues
The section contains multiple choice questions and answers on air and water pollution and its control, biomagnification, eutrophication, solid wastes, agro chemicals and its effects, radioactive wastes, greenhouse effect, global warming, stratosphere ozone depletion and deforestation.
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Biology - Class 12!