This set of Class 12 Biology Chapter 4 Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Side Effects of Contraceptive Methods”.
1. Who should be consulted to discuss the pros and cons of a contraceptive?
Explanation: Contraceptive methods are difficult to select from. Based on the needs of the couple/person, a particular class of contraceptives would serve the best. To receive help in choosing the right contraceptive, they should consult a qualified doctor.
2. Contraceptives help to maintain good reproductive health.
Explanation: Contraceptives are agents that prevent pregnancy. These are not aimed at maintaining good reproductive health.
3. What does a contraceptive prevent?
Explanation: Contraceptives are devised to prevent fertilization or, in some cases, pregnancy. They have different modes of action depending on the nature of the contraceptive. To use appropriate contraceptives, doctors must be consulted.
4. Which of the following is not the right reason to use a contraceptive?
a) Spacing pregnancies
b) Delaying pregnancy
c) Preventing pregnancy
d) Initiating pregnancy
Explanation: Contraceptives are tools/agents that are used to prevent the event of conception. Based on the needs of the individual, they can be used to prevent pregnancy or delay it or have proper spacing to suit the needs of the person and family. Contraceptives stop pregnancy; hence if a couple wants to initiate a pregnancy, a contraceptive should not be used.
5. Which of the following is a side-effect of the widespread use of contraceptives?
a) Abdominal pain
Explanation: Widespread use of contraceptives can have side-effects. These can be abdominal pain, nausea, irregular menstrual bleeding, and so on.
6. Contraceptives can play a significant role to keep a check on the uncontrolled population growth.
Explanation: Contraceptive agents help prevent pregnancy. If appropriately used by many couples, they can be used to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. It gives families the power to plan. Thus, societies can develop and educated to ensure control in the population explosion.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Biology – Class 12.
To practice all chapters and topics of class 12 Biology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Biology - Class 12
- Participate in Biology - Class 12 Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Biology - Class 12
- Take Biology - Class 12 Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10