This set of Biology Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for Class 12 focuses on “Biotechnology Applications – Ethical Issues – 2”.
1. What is the term used to refer to the use of bio-resources by multinational companies and other organizations without proper authorization from the countries and people concerned without contemporary payment is?
Explanation: the term used to refer to the use of bio-resources by multinational companies and other organizations without proper authorization from the countries and people concerned without contemporary payment is Bio-piracy. It happens when biological resources are taken or exploited without official sanction.
2. The Indian Parliament has recently cleared the ______ amendment of the Indian Patents Bill.
Explanation: The Indian Parliament in 2000 cleared the Second amendment of Indian Patents Bill. It was put forward to bridge the conflicts between TRIPS (Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights) and The Patent Act of 1970.
3. The Indian Patents Bill takes issues such as ______ into consideration.
c) patent terms
Explanation: The Indian Patent Bill passed in the second amendment considers issues such as patent terms. It grants new rights for patentable inventions and extension of the term protection.
4. The Indian Patent Bill does not consider the issue of research and development initiative.
Explanation: The Indian Patent Bill was put forward in the second amendment in 2000. It considers various issues of research and development initiatives. It also grants new rights for patentable inventions.
5. Currently, the manipulation of microbes, plants, and animals has raised serious ethical questions.
Explanation: Ethics are the moral principles of people. Any issues or conflicts regarding these moral principles lead to various ethical issues. Nowadays the manipulation (genetic) in organisms has raised serious ethical questions.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Biology – Class 12.
To practice Biology Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for Class 12, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!