In this article, we will explore what a Biology certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Biology by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Biology certification?
A Biology certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Biology. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- biological classification such as animal and plant kingdom.
- anatomy and morphology of flowering plants.
- structural organization in animals.
- biomolecules, cell cycle, and cell division.
- plant physiology and human physiology.
- reproduction in flowering plants.
- human reproduction and health.
- genetics and evolution.
- biology in human welfare.
- biotechnology principles, processes, and applications.
- ecology, biodiversity, and environmental issues.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Biology?
Free Biology Certification offered by Sanfoundry helps in finding job in the field. Other certification to work in the field of biology is the Specialist in Molecular Biology (SMB) Certification, Sanfoundry Certification, Certification in Tropical Environmental Sciences, Graduate Certification in Genetics and Genomics and Medical Laboratory Technician Certificate.
What type of job can I get with a Biology certification?
Biology jobs are available in a wide variety of fields. You can find a job with biology certification in a hospital, laboratory, or research facility. You can find jobs in the biotech industry, which is focused on developing new drugs and treatments for diseases, biologist in academia or government research labs, lab technician jobs. Biology jobs can be also found in medicine, dentistry, nursing, and teaching.
What topics are covered in the Biology certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Biology Certification Syllabus – Class 11|
|The Living World||Biological Classification||Plant Kingdom|
|Animal Kingdom||Morphology of Flowering Plants||Anatomy of Flowering Plants|
|Structural Organisations in Animals||The Unit of Life||Biomolecules|
|Cell Cycle and Cell Division||Transport in Plants||Mineral Nutrition|
|Photosynthesis in Higher Plants||Respiration in Plants||Plant Growth and Development|
|Digestion and Absorption||Breathing and Exchange of Gases||Body Fluids and Circulation|
|Excretory Products and Elimination||Locomotion and Movement||Neural Control and Coordination|
|Chemical Control and Coordination||Mechanism of Hormone Action||Endocrine Glands and Hormones|
|Biology Certification Syllabus – Class 12||Reproduction in Organisms||Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants||Human Reproduction|
|Reproductive Health||Principles of Inheritance and Variation||Molecular Basis of Inheritance|
|Evolution||Human Health and Disease||Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production|
|Microbes in Human Welfare||Biotechnology Principles and Processes||Biotechnology and its Applications|
|Organisms and Populations||Ecosystem||Deforestation|
Sanfoundry Biology CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Biology for free. We offer multiple certification exams for school students, depending on the class in which they are studying i.e., students of Class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th.
The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Biology from Sanfoundry.
Biology Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Biology CertificateHow to prepare for Biology Certification Exam?
We offer multiple certification exams for school students depending on the class in which they are studying. So, you can give the exam for the class in which you are currently studying. You are also free to give certification tests for earlier classes. Before you start taking the exam, you should practice the following mcq, pactice & mock test series:
- 1000 Biology - Class 11 MCQs
- 1000 Biology - Class 12 MCQs
- Biology - Class 11 Practice & Mock Tests
- Biology - Class 12 Practice & Mock Tests
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take the qualifier test: Biology - Class 11 Qualifier Test
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take the certification test anytime (24x7): Biology - Class 11 Certification Test
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live: Biology - Class 11 Top Rankers
Biology - Class 12 Qualifier Test
Biology - Class 12 Certification Test
Biology - Class 12 Top Rankers
Biology Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Biology? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Biology certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Biology exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Biology in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Biology certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Biology course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Biology online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Biology.
7. Which online Biology Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Biology. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Biology Certification Course.
8. Can I get Biology certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Biology certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Biology certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Biology Certification exam?
Depending on the class for which you are preparing the certification exam, you should practice either Sanfoundry's Biology - Class 11 MCQs or Biology - Class 12 MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Biology Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Biology certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Biology?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Biology certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.