This set of Class 12 Biology Chapter 6 Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Molecular Basis of Inheritance – Salient Features of HGP”.
1. How many nucleotides are present in the human genome?
a) 3164.7 million
b) 2015.9 million
c) 1982.0 million
d) 3247.9 million
Explanation: Nucleotides are the organic carbon molecules. They contain both a nucleoside and a phosphate group. Inside the human genome, there is a total of 3164.7 million nucleotides.
2. Which of the following chromosome has the least number of genes in them?
a) Chromosome 1
b) Chromosome 10
c) Chromosome X
d) Chromosome Y
Explanation: Chromosome 1 has the greatest number of genes in comparison to the other chromosomes. It has a total of 2,968 genes. While on the other hand, chromosome X has the least number of genes. It has a total of only 231 genes.
3. Repeated sequence makes a large portion of the human genome.
Explanation: DNA contains many repeated sequences in it. Sometimes it is noted to have more than hundreds or thousands of sequences in them. These sequences might not possess any direct coding functions in them. This altogether makes the large portion of the human genome.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Biology – Class 12.
To practice all chapters and topics of class 12 Biology, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Biology - Class 12
- Participate in Biology - Class 12 Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Biology - Class 12
- Take Biology - Class 12 Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10