This set of Building Construction Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Functional Requirements of Ventilation System”.
1. The maximum rate of air change is __________
a) 30 per min
b) 30 per hour
c) 60 per min
d) 60 per hour
Explanation: Air change per hour is defined as the volume of outside air allowed in a room per hour as compared to the volume of the room. The maximum rate of air change is 60 per hour while the minimum rate of air change is 1 per hour.
2. Removal of inside air and supply of fresh outside air in a closed room is known as _________
Explanation: Removal of inside air and supply of fresh outside air in a closed room is known as ventilation. It is necessary for the creation of air movement and for preventing suffocation conditions in big rooms. It is also important in order to prevent the accumulation of dust particles.
3. Relative humidity of saturated air is ___________
Explanation: Relative humidity is the ratio of the amount of water vapour present in the air to the amount of vapour if the air were saturated, provided the temperature remains the same. Hence, relative humidity of saturated air is 100%.
4. Clean air should contain less than __________ of suspended impurity per cubic metre.
a) 0.5 mg
b) 1.5 mg
c) 2.5 mg
d) 3.5 mg
Explanation: Clean air should contain less than 0.5 mg of suspended impurity per cubic metre. Also, it should have less than 0.5 part per million of SO₂. Air should be free from toxic fumes of gases and harmful particles.
5. The general temperature difference between inside and outside of a room is not more than ____________
Explanation: The general temperature difference between inside and outside of a room is not more than 8°C. It is preferable that the incoming ventilating air should be warm in winters and cool in summers.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Building Construction.
To practice all areas of Building Construction, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Construction and Building Materials
- Participate in Construction and Building Materials Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Construction and Building Materials
- Take Construction and Building Materials Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10