This set of Building Construction written test Questions & Answers focuses on “Building Plans – 2”.
Explanation: The symbol given above represents almirah. These symbols are used in the building drawing. Building drawing includes the details of all the elements of a building like doors, foundations, windows etc.
2. A plan is conventionally cut at the _______
a) Roof level
b) Floor level
c) Plinth level
d) Window sill level
Explanation: A plan is conventionally cut at the window sill level. It is a graphical representation of a building represented by the plane of a paper.
3. Windows and almirahs cannot be represented on a plan if it is cut at the plinth level.
Explanation: Windows and almirahs cannot be represented on a plan if it is cut at the plinth level. This is because windows and almirahs have their sill level higher than the plinth level.
Explanation: The symbol given above represents an electric bell. An electric bell is a mechanical bell which is widely used in telephones, fire alarms, etc.
Explanation: The symbol A represents generator and symbol B represents ammeter. An ammeter is an instrument which is used for measuring the current.
Explanation: The symbol given above represents fire hydrant. A fire hydrant is used by firefighters to supply water for fighting fires.
7. The symbols A and B represent _______ and _______ respectively.
a) Circular washing fountain, cooking platform
b) Drinking water fountain, cooking platform
c) Circular washing fountain, pedestal drinking water fountain
d) Drinking water fountain, pedestal drinking water fountain
Explanation: There are various types of fountains which can be represented using symbols such as circular washing fountain, drinking water fountain, pedestal drinking water fountain, etc. The symbol A given above represents a circular washing fountain. The symbol B represents pedestal drinking water fountain.
Explanation: The symbol given above represents a water meter. Water meter is an instrument which is used for measuring the volume of water used by commercial and residential buildings.
Explanation: There are different symbols used to represent different types of fans on a plan of a building such as ceiling fan, bracket fan, exhaust fan, etc. The above symbol represents an exhaust fan.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Building Construction.
To practice all written questions on Building Construction, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Construction and Building Materials
- Participate in Construction and Building Materials Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Construction and Building Materials
- Take Construction and Building Materials Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10