Our 1000+ Thermodynamics questions and answers focuses on all areas of Thermodynamics covering 100+ topics. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Thermodynamics. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Thermodynamics comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Thermodynamics interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Thermodynamics with explanations.
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Thermodynamics Subject.
Who should Practice these Thermodynamics Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Thermodynamics Subject.
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Thermodynamics.
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews).
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations.
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students.
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Thermodynamics Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Introduction
The section contains questions and answers onbasic temperature concepts.
|Basic Concepts||Temperature Basics|
2. Questions on Work and Heat Transfer
The section contains questions on work transfer, conduction & radiation, heat transfer and other types of work transfer.
Displacement Work and Indicator Diagram
Other types of Work Transfer-1
Other types of Work Transfer-2
Conduction, Convection and Radiation
3. Questions & Answers on First Law of Thermodynamics
The section contains questions and answers on energy, enthalpy, first law for closed system, mass and energy balance.
First Law for a Closed System
Specific Heat at Constant Volume and Pressure and Control Volume
Mass Balance & Energy Balance in a Simple Steady Flow Process
4. Questions on First Law Applied to Flow Processes
The section contains questions on steady and variable flow processes, polytropic process.
Examples of Steady Flow Processes
Variable Flow Processes
5. Questions & Answers on Second Law of Thermodynamics
The section contains questions and answers on second law of thermodynamics, cyclic heat engine, kelvin planck statement, refrigerator and heat pump, carnot theorem, absolute temperature scales and clausius theorem.
6. Questions on Entropy
The section contains questions on entropy property, temperature entropy, entropy applications and mechanisms, entropy generations, first and second laws, reversible adiabatic work.
7. Questions & Answers on Available Energy, Availability and Irreversibility
The section contains questions and answers on reversible process, energy quality, useful work, availability, gouy stondola theorem, second law efficiency and comments on exergy.
8. Questions on Properties of Pure Substances
The section contains questions on pure substance, p-v, p-t and t-s diagrams, steam quality measurements and steam tables.
P-V diagram for Pure Substance
P-T and T-S diagram for Pure Substance
Quality or Dryness Fraction
Measurement of Steam Quality
9. Questions & Answers on Properties of Gases and Gas mixtures
The section contains questions and answers on state of gas equations, ideal gas, state laws and daltons law.
Equations of State of a Gas
Equations of State
Law of Corresponding States
Dalton’s Law of Partial Pressures and Gibbs Function
10. Questions on Thermodynamic Relations, Equilibrium and Stability
The section contains questions on maxwells equation, energy equations, joule kelvin effect, clausis clapeyron equation, variable composition mixtures and equilibrium types.
11. Questions & Answers on Vapour Power Cycles
The section contains questions and answers on rankine cycle, vapour cycle process, feedwater heaters, binary vapour cycles, coupled cycles and steam power plant.
12. Questions on Gas Power Cycles
The section contains questions on carnot cycle, stirling circle, brayton cycle, diesel cycle, otto cycle and aircraft propulsion.
Carnot Cycle, Stirling Cycle and Ericsson Cycle
An Overview of Reciprocating Engines
Diesel Cycle and Dual Cycle
13. Questions & Answers on Refrigeration Cycles
The section contains questions and answers on heat engine, vapor compression refrigeration cycle and heat pump system.
Reversed Heat Engine
Vapor Compression Refrigeration Cycle-1
Vapor Compression Refrigeration Cycle-2
Absorption Refrigeration Cycle
Heat Pump System
14. Questions on Psychrometrics
The section contains questions on psychrometric chart and process, atmospheric air properties.
|Properties of Atmospheric Air||Psychrometric Chart and Process|
15. Questions & Answers on Compressible Fluid Flow
The section contains questions and answers on normal shocks, pressure pulse in fluids, isentropic flow and choking.
Velocity of Pressure Pulse in a Fluid and Stagnation Properties
One Dimensional Steady Isentropic Flow and Choking-1
One Dimensional Steady Isentropic Flow and Choking-2
16. Questions on Gas Compressors
The section contains questions on work and rotary compression, volumetric and multi-stage expressions.
Work of Compression
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Thermodynamics!