This set of Construction and Building Materials Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Types of Doors”.
1. ________ consists of a group of member which form a support for a door or Window.
Explanation: Whereas, the lowermost or bottom horizontal part of a window frame is known as the Sills. The door frames are usually not provided with the sills.
2. _________ is the top most horizontal member of the shutter.
b) Bottom rail
c) Top rail
Explanation: Whereas, Bottom rail is the lowermost horizontal member of the shutter. Style is the outside vertical member of the shutter of a door or a window.
3. __________ is the middle horizontal member of the shutter where the locking arrangement is provided.
a) Lock rail
b) Cross rail
c) Top rail
d) Bottom rail
Explanation: The additional horizontal rails fixed between the top and bottom rails of a shutter are known as the intermediate or cross rails. A rail which is fixed between the top rail and cross trail is called as Frieze rail.
4. The top or uppermost horizontal part of a frame is known as the _______
b) Hold fast
Explanation: Whereas, Horn is a horizontal projection of head or sill beyond the face of the frame. It facilitates the fixing of the frame on the wall opening and its length is about 100 mm to 150 mm.
5. ________ is the area of shutter enclosed between the adjacent rails.
Explanation: Whereas, Holdfast is generally in the form of a mild steel flat bar of Section 30 mm x 6 mm and the length of 200 mm. The three numbers of such holdfast are provided on each side of the door frame.
6. The entire assembly of styles, panels and rails is known as the __________
Explanation: Whereas, Sash is a special type of frame, made of light sections and designed to carry glass. A Sash consists of two vertical styles, top rail and bottom rail. Sash can be divided vertically or horizontally by providing bars.
7. _________ is a vertical member which is employed to subdivided a window or door opening vertically.
Explanation: Whereas, Transom is a horizontal member which is employed to subdivide a window opening horizontally.
8. ____________ is a piece of timber which is fixed in an inclined position within a frame.
Explanation: Whereas, the external jamb of a door or Window opening at right angle to the wall face is known as the Reveal.
9. __________ is a mixture of a linseed oil and whiting Chalk.
Explanation: Putty is used for fixing glass panels. Whereas, the vertical wall face of an opening which support the frame of door and window is known as the Jamb.
10. _________ is a strip of wood, usually moulded or Splayed, which is fixed on the sides and head of opening.
Explanation: Architrave, thus, helps in giving a decent appearance to the joint of frame with the masonry. It is used only when the doors and windows are placed flush with the face of masonry.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Construction and Building Materials.
To practice all areas of Construction and Building Materials, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.