Our 1000+ IC Engine questions and answers focuses on all areas of IC Engine subject covering 100+ topics in IC Engine. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on IC Engine. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate IC Engine comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards IC Engine interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in IC Engine with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in IC Engine Subject
Who should Practice these IC Engine Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of IC Engine Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in IC Engine
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on IC Engine Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Introduction
The section contains questions and answers on engine performance parameters.
|Engine Performance Parameters|
2. Questions on Air Standard Cycles and their Analysis
The section contains questions on air standard cycles, carnot and stirling cycles, otto and dual cycles, diesel cycles and comparison of otto, diesel and dual cycles.
Air Standard Cycles
Stirling Cycle and Ericsson Cycle
Comparison of Otto, Diesel and Dual Cycle
3. Questions & Answers on Fuel Air and Actual Cycles and their Analysis
The section contains questions and answers on fuel air cycle, dissociation, actual cycle, air cycle and fuel cycles, effect of operating variables.
Fuel Air Cycle
Comparision of Air Cycle And Fuel Cycle
Effects of Operating Variables
4. Questions on Conventional and Alternate Fuels
The section contains questions on fuels quality and its ratings, alternate fuels, ci engine, gaseous fuels, hydrogen engine and dual fuel operations.
Qualities of Fuel
Rating of Fuels
Surface Ignition Alcohol C.I. Engine
Dual Fuel Operations
5. Questions & Answers on Carburetion
The section contains questions and answers on carburetion, air fuel mixtures, automotive engines, carburetor parts and its types, altitude compensation and modern carburetors.
Air Fuel Mixtures
Principles of Carburetion
Parts of Carburetor
Systems in Modern Carburetors
Types of Carburetors – 1
Types of Carburetors – 2
6. Questions on Mechanical Injection Systems
The section contains questions on injection systems and pumps, fuel injector, nozzle and fuel injection in si engine.
Injection Systems – 1
Injection Systems – 2
Injection Pump Governor
Fuel Injection in S.I. Engine
7. Questions & Answers on Electronic Injection Systems
The section contains questions and answers on gasoline injection, electronic injection system, electronic control systems, injection timing and group gasoline injection system.
Electronic Injection System – 1
Electronic Injection System – 2
Multi Point Fuel Injection System
Electronic Control System
Group Gasoline Injection System – 1
Group Gasoline Injection System – 2
8. Questions on Ignition
The section contains questions on requirements and battery of ignition systems, magneto ignition systems, ignition timing and energy parameters and spark mechanism.
Requirements of Ingnition System
Battery Ignition System
Magneto Ignition System – 1
Magneto Ignition System – 2
Ignition Timing and Engine Parameters
Spark Advance Mechanism
9. Questions & Answers on Combustion and Combustion Chambers
The section contains questions and answers on combustion, abnormal combustion, combustion in si and ci engine, knocking in si engine and delay period.
Knocking in S.I. Engine
Combustion in S.I. Engine
Combustion in C.I. Engine
10. Questions on Engine Friction and Lubrication
The section contains questions on engine and mechanical friction, lubrication types and properties, classification and mechanisms of lubricating systems.
Total Engine Friction
Mechanism of Lubrication
Properties of Lubrication – 1
Properties of Lubrication – 2
Types of Lubricants
Classification of Lubricating System – 1
Classification of Lubricating System – 2
11. Questions & Answers on Heat Rejection and Cooling
The section contains questions and answers on heat rejection, engine heat transfer and cooling systems, liquid cooling systems and air cooled systems.
Engine Heat Transfer
Engine Cooling System
Liquid Cooling Systems
Air Cooled Systems
12. Questions on Heat Rejection and Cooling
The section contains questions on engine and hydrocarbon emissions, catalytic converters, ci engines, chemical methods and exhaust gas recirculation.
Reducing Emissions by Chemical Methods
Exhaust Gas Recirculation
13. Questions & Answers on Measurements and Testing/Performance Parameters and Characteristics
The section contains questions and answers on measurment and testing, engine power and efficiencies, engine performance and characteristics.
Measurement and Testing
Engine Performance Characteristics
Methods of Improving Engine Performance
14. Questions on Engine Electronics
The section contains questions on engine management systems, measurement of pressure and temperature, position displacement and air flow measurement.
Engine Management Systems
Position Displacement and Speed Sensing
Measurement of Pressure
Measurement of Temperature
Intake Air Flow Measurement
15. Questions & Answers on Supercharging
The section contains questions and answers on supercharging and its effects and turbocharging.
Effects of Supercharging
16. Questions on Two Stroke Engines
The section contains questions on terminologies and definations, scavenging process and pumps, two stroke engine and its advantages, si and ci engines, advantages of four stroke engines.
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master IC Engine!