Our 1000+ Steam and Gas Turbines questions and answers focuses on all areas of Steam and Gas Turbines covering 100+ topics. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Steam and Gas Turbines. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate this which will prepare anyone easily towards Turbines interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Steam and Gas Turbines with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Steam and Gas Turbines Subject
Who should Practice these Steam and Gas Turbines Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Steam and Gas Turbines Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Steam and Gas Turbines
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Steam and Gas Turbines Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Basics and Classification
The section contains questions and answers on types and nomenclature of steam turbines, flow passage and flow arrangement classification, types of engines and their components, application, cycle and fuel classification, basics and advantages of turbine and combined power plant.
2. Questions on Turbine Thermodynamics and Efficiency
The section contains questions on basics of thermodynamics, carnot, rankine and reheat cycles, temperature and pressure effect on cycle efficiency, heat and steam rate, sterling cycle, ericsson cycle, intercooling, reheating and regeneration.
3. Questions & Answers on Steam and Gas Turbines – Anatomy, Characteristics and Functioning
The section contains questions and answers on closed cycle, nozzle design, shock wave, position angles, types of steam, turbine flow passage design, energy distribution, cascade principle, design calculations for impulse and multistaged turbine flow passages, blade, bending and disk stresses, shrouding and lacing wires and other metallurgical considerations.
4. Questions on Turbine Blade Profile
The section contains questions on turbine, impulse and reaction blade profiles, blade entrance and exit angles, losses and geometry of impulse blade profiles and passages, gauging and pitch and free and forced vertex.
Turbine Blade Profile
Blade Entrance and Exit Angles
Impulse Blade Passage Loss
Reaction Blade Profiles
Blade Angle,Width and Height
Reaction Blade Passage Loss
Radial Equilibrium Flow
Free and Forced Vortex
5. Questions & Answers on Steam Turbine – Governers, Regulators and Performance
The section contains questions and answers on control, performance and supervisory instruments, direct speed and hydraulic speed responsive governors, speed and pressure regulators and their operation, effects of throttle governing, nozzle governing, temperature changes, compressibility effect, adiabatic efficiency, parson’s number and quality factor, surging and turbine performances.
6. Questions on Steam and Gas Turbines – Combustion and Regeneration
The section contains questions on combustion and its mechanics, thermochemistry, entropy, equilibrium, combustor, regenerator, its types, calculations and effectiveness, atomization, pressure losses and film coefficient.
7. Questions & Answers on Steam and Gas Turbines – Power Plant
The section contains questions and answers on power plant, twin shaft plant, aircraft plant, dimension and dimensionless performance parameters for these plants, elementary gas dynamics and airfoil theory and properties of torque.
Dimensionless Performance Parameters
Twin Shaft Plant
Aircraft Plants Parameters
Starting and Performance
Elementary Gas Dynamics
Elementary Airfoil Theory
8. Questions on Gas Turbines – Anatomy and Applications
The section contains questions on usage of fuels, bearing systems, cryogenics and hot gas path in gas turbines, usage of gas turbines in jet engines and hybrid vehicles, turbine, inlet and compressor casing and exhaust frames and micro gas turbines.
9. Questions & Answers on Anatomy and Applications
The section contains questions and answers on steam turbine working and fire resisting fluids in them, steam turbine cylinders and hydrogen seal rings in turbine generator.
Steam Turbine Working
Fire Resisting Fluids
Hydrogen Seal Rings
Steam Turbine Cylinders
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Steam and Gas Turbines!