Our 1000+ Power Plant Engineering questions and answers focuses on all areas of Power Plant Engineering covering 100+ topics. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Power Plant Engineering. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Power Plant Engineering comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Power Plant Engineering interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Power Plant Engineering with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Power Plant Engineering Subject
Who should Practice these Power Plant Engineering Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Power Plant Engineering Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Power Plant Engineering
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Power Plant Engineering Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Analysis of Steam Engine
The section contains questions and answers on steam power plant and its efficiency, rankine and brayton cycle, mean temperature of heat, steam reheating, regeneration, feed water reheaters and deaerator.
2. Questions on Combined Cycle Power Generation
The section contains questions on binary vapour cycles, coupled cycles and gas turbine steam power plant.
3. Questions & Answers on Fuels & Combustion
The section contains questions and answers on fuel oil, coal-oil and coal-water, biomass, draught system and heat of combustion.
Coal-Oil & Coal-Water Mixtures – I
Coal-Oil & Coal-Water Mixtures – II
Synthetic Fuels, Biomass and Thermodynamic View
Heat of Combustion-I
Heat of Combustion-II
Heat of Combustion-III
4. Questions on Nuclear Power Plants
The section contains questions on chemical and nuclear reactions, nuclear fission, chain reaction, radioactive decay and fission analysis.
Chemical & Nuclear Reactions – I
Chemical & Nuclear Reactions – II
Chain Reaction and Nuclear Reactors
Radioactive Decay & Half Life – I
Radioactive Decay & Half Life – II
Fission Analysis – I
Fission Analysis – II
5. Questions & Answers on Hydroelectric Power Plant
The section contains questions and answers on pelton wheel turbine, kaplan, francis and deriaz turbines.
Pelton Wheel Turbine
Kaplan, Francis and Deriaz Turbines – I
|Kaplan, Francis and Deriaz Turbines – II|
6. Questions on Diesel Engine & Gas Turbine Power Plants
This section contains questions on diesel engine basis, types and its applications and diesel engine analysis.
Diesel Engine Basics
Diesel Engine Types and their Applications – I
Diesel Engine Types and their Applications – II
Diesel Engine Analysis
7. Questions & Answers on Combustion Mechanism,Equipment & Firing Methods
This section contains questions and answers on pulverisation and gasifiers, kinetic and diffusion control and coal firing systems.
Pulverisation and Gasifiers
Kinetic and Diffusion Control – I
Kinetic and Diffusion Control – II
Coal Firing Systems – I
Coal Firing Systems – II
8. Questions on Basic Thermodynamic Cycles
This section contains questions on combined cycle power generation and its advantages, brayton rankine combined plants.
Energy Analysis of Combined Cycles and Choice of a Gas Turbine
Thermodynamics of Brayton-Rankine Combined Plant – I
Thermodynamics of Brayton-Rankine Combined Plant – II
Advantages of Combined Cycle Power Generation
9. Questions & Answers on Electricity Generation
This section contains questions and answers on steam turbine basis, turbine efficiency and blading, nozzels and its types, electricity generation.
10. Questions on Steam Generation
This section contains questions on steam generators and its types, fire and water tube boilers, reheaters, air preheaters and steam purity.
11. Questions & Answers on Magnetohydrodynamic Systems
This section contains questions and answers on magnetohydrodynamic plant basics and power generation.
|Magnetohydrodynamic Plant Basics||Magnetohydrodynamic Power Generation|
12. Questions on Solar Energy and Environmental Degradation
This section contains questions on fuel cell, energy sources, environmental degradation and miscellaneous.
Sources of Energy – I
Environmental Degradation & Use of Renewable Energy-I
Environmental Degradation & Use of Renewable Energy-II
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Power Plant Engineering!