This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Proper Use of Body Language”.
1. A ______ speaker looks into the eyes of the audience.
Explanation: It is best to look straight into the eyes of the audience. This would convince the audience that you are a confident speaker.
2. Which of these may convey arrogance ?
a) Jointed finger tips
b) A shoulder shrug
c) A pointed finger
d) Hands swinging loosely
Explanation: Jointed finger tips convey surety and confidence, if done properly. They may convey arrogance, if done badly. A shoulder shrug may convey sincerity or callousness.
3. A pointed finger may be a gesture of accusation.
Explanation: The statement is true. A pointed finger may be deemed to be a gesture of accusation or forcefulness. While approaching to the rostrum it is best to walk in a forceful manner with hands swinging loosely by the side.
4. The tone of the speaker should be _____
Explanation: The tone of the speaker should be clear and precise. A good speaker always pauses on punctuation marks and when he wishes to drive home a point.
5. During practice, by how much should the speech be lengthened?
a) 2 to 5 %
b) 6 to 10 %
c) 7 to 11 %
d) 9 to 13 %
Explanation: It is better to make a speech lengthier by 2 to 5 percent in practice, since when crunch time arrives the best speaker tends to speak faster or forget some lines.
6. A speech must be prepared with _______ in mind.
a) the result
c) an audience
Explanation: A speech must be prepared with an audience in mind. It must give facts and clearly mention in case opinions are made.
7. A speech must advance _____
Explanation: A speech must advance the truth and not convolute truth by irritating people. Wit and humour are an integral part of any speech but they must not be biting.
8. Which of these is important in having mutual understanding with colleagues?
a) Effective listening
Explanation: Effective listening is extremely important in having mutual understanding with colleagues, superiors and subordinates. Listening is an important part of communication.
9. Which of these does not enhance listening skills?
c) Clear perception
Explanation: The points that enhance the listening skills of the participant are : attention, frankness, clear perception, analytical approach and taking notes.
10. Participant should listen to the opinions expressed by others with respect.
Explanation: The statement is true. Participant should listen to the opinions expressed by others frankly and with respect. He/She should make such gestures to this effect.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10