This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Dyadic Communication”.
1. Dyadic communication refers to an interaction between two people.
Explanation: The statement is true. Dyadic communication refers to an interaction between two people. One of the most used form of transaction is through speech.
2. Which of these is the most common form of dyadic communication?
Explanation: Conversation is the most common form of dyadic communication. In it the speaker and listener continuously change roles.
3. Never hold back information while conversing.
Explanation: The statement is true. Never hold back information while conversing. There may be many reasons to hold back information but deceit, fear or doubts cannot be among them.
4. Words must not be uttered with _____
Explanation: Words must not be uttered with rudeness. They must be uttered with respect and compassion.
5. When are disagreements in a conversation relevant?
a) When they advance a lie
b) When they advance with tact intentions
c) When they are done with bad intentions
d) When they are done with rude intentions
Explanation: Disagreements in a conversation are relevant provided they advance the truth and they are done with tact and good intentions.
6. Which of these should be avoided in a conversation?
Explanation: Avoid hogging the conversation, simply because conversation means exchange of views. Speak something relevant even in a social conversation.
7. When should the discussion in a conversation stop?
a) When it turns into an argument
b) When it is boring
c) When one person doesn’t like the other
d) When a third person joins in
Explanation: Always discuss a topic, but hold yourself back if a conversation relegates into an argument. Wise men discuss while fools argue.
8. Which of these statements is correct?
a) Continue the topic no matter what the attitude of the other person is.
b) Respect other person’s time and interest.
c) Don’t utter the name of the opposite person frequently.
d) We can use words even if have a vague understanding of it.
Explanation: Respect other person’s time and interest. The words uttered must convey precise meaning. We shouldn’t use words without knowing their meaning.
9. ____ should be avoided in a conversation.
a) Standard words
c) Name of the other person
Explanation: It is better not to use slang, jargon, non- standard words or pet words and phrases. It is also advisable not to indulge in exaggeration even when your intention is to please others.
10. When should the topic be altered?
a) When the listener’s attitude is positive
b) When you don’t like the appearance of the other person
c) When the listener likes the topic
d) When the listener’s attitude is negative
Explanation: Understand the attitude of the person with whom you are conversing. Alter the topic in case his attitude is negative.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10