Our 1000+ Optical Communications questions and answers focuses on all areas of Optical Communications subject covering 100+ topics in Optical Communications. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Optical Communications. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Optical Communications comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Optical Communications interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Optical Communications with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Optical Communications Subject
Who should Practice these Optical Communications Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Optical Communications Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Optical Communications
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Optical Communications Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Optical Fiber Waveguides
The section contains questions and answers on ray theory, electromagnetic mode theory, cylindrical and single mode fibers, crystal fibers and attenuation.
Ray Theory Transmission
Electromagnetic Mode Theory for Optical Propagation
Single – Mode Fibers
Photonic Crystal Fibers & Attenuation
2. Questions on Transmission Characteristics Of Optical Fibers
The section contains questions on material absorption and fiber bend loss, linear and nonlinear scattering losses, chromatic and intermodal dispersion, fiber dispersion, polarization and nonlinear effects.
Material Absorption & Fiber Bend Losses in Silicon Glass Fibers
Linear & Non-Linear Scattering Losses
Dispersion – Chromatic Dispersion
Fiber Dispersion & Modified Single Mode Fibers
3. Questions & Answers on Optical Fibers And Cables
The section contains questions and answers on vapour and liquid phase techniques, optical fibers and its cables, fiber transmission characteristics and cable design.
Liquid – Phase Techniques
Vapor – Phase Deposition Techniques
Optical Fiber Cables
Stability of the Fiber Transmission Characteristics
4. Questions on Optical Fiber Connections : Joints, Couplers and Isolators
The section contains questions on fiber alignment and splices, fiber and beam connectors, fiber couplers, optical isolators and circulators.
Fiber Alignment and Joint Loss
Expanded Beam Connectors
Optical Isolators and Circulators
5. Questions & Answers on Optical Sources : The Laser and Light – Emitting Diode
The section contains questions on optical sources basics, semiconductor injection laser, injection laser structures and characteristics, non semiconductor lasers, tunable and infrared lasers, led power, led structures and characteristics.
6. Questions on Optical Detectors
The section contains questions on device types, absorption, optical detection principles, quantum efficiency, semiconductor photodiodes, infrared photodiodes and metal semiconductors.
7. Questions & Answers on Direct Detection Receiver Performance Considerations
The section contains questions and answers on noise, receiver noise and structures, fet pre amplifiers and high performance receivers.
FET Pre – Amplifiers
High Performance Receivers
8. Questions on Optical Amplification , Wavelength Conversion and Regeneration
The section contains questions and answers on semiconductor optical amplifiers, fiber and waveguide amplifiers and conversion.
Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers
Fiber and Waveguide Amplifiers
|Wavelength Conversion and Optical Regeneration|
9. Questions & Answers on Integrated Optics and Photonics
The section contains questions on photonics technologies, planar waveguides, photonic integrated circuits, optical bistability and digital optics.
Integrated Optics and Photonics Technologies
Planar Waveguides and Integrated Optical Devices
Optoelectronic Integration and Photonic Integrated Circuits
Optical Bistability and Digital Optics
10. Questions on Optical Fiber Systems 1 : Intensity Modulation
The section contains questions and answers on optical transmitter and receiver circuit, system design and planing considerations, analog systems, multiplexing strategies, dispersion management and optical amplifier applications.
The Optical Transmitter Circuit
The Optical Receiver Circuit
System Design Considerations
Digital System Planning Considerations
Application of Optical Amplifiers
Dispersion Management and Soliton Systems
11. Questions & Answers on Optical Fiber Systems 2 : Coherent and Phase Modulated
The section contains questions on coherent transmission, modulation formats, demodulation schemes, receiver sensitivities and multi carrier systems.
Practical Constraints of Coherent Transmission
Multi Carrier Systems
12. Questions on Optical Fiber Measurements
The section contains questions on fiber attenuation and dispersion measurements, fiber wavelength measurements, fiber numerical aperture and diameter measurements, refractive index and field measurements.
Fiber Attenuation Measurements
Fiber Dispersion Measurements
Fiber Refractive Index Profile Measurements
Fiber Cutoff Wavelength Measurements
Fiber Numerical Aperture and Fiber Diameter Measurements
13. Questions & Answers on Optical Networks
The section contains questions on optical network concepts, layers and protocols, wavelength routing networks, optical switching networks, optical network deployment and optical ethernet.
Optical Network Concepts
Optical Network Transmission Modes, Layers and Protocols
Wavelength Routing Networks
Optical Switching Networks
Optical Network Deployment
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Optical Communications!