This set of Professional Communication Interview Questions and Answers for freshers focuses on “Types of Communication in an Organisation”.
1. On the basis of mutual participation, communication is of how many types?
Explanation: On the basis of mutual participation of the sender and receiver, communication is of two types. They are: one-way communication and two-way communication.
2. On the basis of nature, communicating can be of two types.
Explanation: The statement is true. On the basis of nature, communicating can be of two types. They are: formal and informal communication.
3. In an organization, which of these is not a type of communication?
Explanation: In pyramidal hierarchy system in the organization communication can be identified as: downward, upward, horizontal and diagonal.
4. One-way communication is the most democratic way of communication.
Explanation: The statement is false. Two-way communication is the most democratic way of communication. One-way communication is a dictator type communication.
5. _______ communication is a dictator type communication.
b) Three- way
c) Four- way
d) One- way
Explanation: The correct statement is: One-way communication is a dictator type communication where ordering or instructing takes place.
6. Any business house is concerned with _______ communication.
Explanation: Any business house is concerned with two types of communication. They are: external communication and internal communication.
7. _______ communication flows from a superior to a subordinate.
Explanation: The correct statement is: Downward communication flows from a superior to a subordinate. Orders, instructions, job-sheets, etc. fall under downward communication.
8. Which of these is not a limitations of downward communication?
a) Under communication
b) Over communication
c) Car communication
Explanation: Downward communication has five major limitations. They are: under and over communication, delay, loss of information, distortion and built-in resistance.
9. Which of these moves from the grass root level?
a) Downward communication
b) Diagonal communication
c) Upward communication
d) Lateral communication
Explanation: Upward communication moves from the grass root level to the higher levels in an organization. Its main objectives are: providing feedback, constructive suggestions, etc.
10. Which of these is not a method for upward communication?
a) Open-door policy
c) Suggestion boxes
Explanation: There are six methods for upward communication. They are: open-door policy, complaints and suggestions boxes, social gatherings, direct correspondence, reports and counselling.
11. Which of these is the most frequently used channel of communication?
a) Horizontal communication
b) Diagonal communication
c) Downward communication
d) Upward communication
Explanation: Horizontal communication is the most frequently used channel of communication. It is communication between departments or people of the same level.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.