This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Types of Reports”.
1. A written report is more formal than an oral report.
Explanation: The statement is true. A written report is more formal in nature than an oral report and it removes almost every flaw inherent in an oral report.
2. Which of these is usually written in a form of a memorandum?
a) Informal reports
b) Formal reports
c) Professional reports
d) Business reports
Explanation: Written reports can be of two types. They are: formal reports and informal reports. Informal reports are normally written in the form of a memorandum or a letter.
3. Which of these is not a formal report?
Explanation: Formal reports can be classified into three different types. They are : informational, interpretative and routine.
4. Into which of these types are formal reports not classified?
Explanation: Formal reports are written reports. They can be classified into three types : informational, interpretative and routine.
5. Which of these reports provide information without any evaluation?
Explanation: Informational reports accumulate and provide information without any assessment or evaluation. They do not make any recommendations they do not give any findings.
6. _______ report provides rational findings.
Explanation: Interpretative reports do not merely provide data. They assess this data and provide rational findings and worthwhile recommendations.
7. Interpretative reports are also known as ________
a) recommendation reports
b) routine reports
c) progress reports
d) informal reports
Explanation: The correct statement is: Interpretative reports are also known as recommendation reports. They assess the data and provide rational findings and worthwhile recommendations.
8. Which of these reports are written for recording information?
Explanation: Routine reports are normally written for recording information which is required at periodic intervals. In most cases there may be printed forms where relevant gaps have to be filled with acquired data.
9. Which of these is not mentioned in a progress report?
a) Name of project
b) Right choice of instruments
c) Nature of work
d) Amount of work left
Explanation: A progress report should contain information like: Name of project, nature of project, extent of work to be completed, amount of work left, etc..
10. Which of these reports involves the checking of a piece of equipment to see if it’s still in working condition?
a) Progress report
b) Laboratory report
c) Inspection report
d) Inventory report
Explanation: An inspection report is made when: An equipment is inspected to establish whether or not it is in working condition.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.