This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Social Discourse”.
1. A society is a voluntary organisation.
Explanation: The statement is true. A society is a voluntary organisation where human beings come together for convenience.
2. The best way to live life is second hand.
Explanation: The statement is false. The best way to live life is first hand and to let others live their lives first hand as well. People who live first hand acknowledge truth from others and are rarely bothered with false criticism.
3. Which of these causes a problem?
a) Intellectual freedom
b) Moral bondage
c) First hand life
d) Cultural exchange
Explanation: There is no need to be critical of others, no matter how foolish it may appear to you. Two people may exist mutually in intellectual freedom. The problem arises when we seek moral bondage.
4. Communication must advance ______
a) moral bondage
b) intellectual fraud
c) emotional trap
Explanation: The statement is: Communication must advance compassion and inspiration. Our social language must never be so arranged as to emotionally trap others.
5. Language should never encroach on which of these?
a) intellectual fraud
b) intellectual privacy
c) intellectual bondage
d) moral bondage
Explanation: Language should never encroach on intellectual privacy. Those who talk of privacy rarely think of intellectual privacy as well. Everyone needs intellectual privacy.
6. Which of these is the most common form of condemnation?
a) Religion based
b) Caste based
c) Personal prejudices
d) Status based
Explanation: We must never condemn on the basis of religion, caste, colour, status or personal prejudices. The last form of condemnation is the most common.
7. Language must advance _____
c) intellectual fraud
d) emotional trap
Explanation: The correct statement is: Language must advance truth and compassion. Truth can become a rare commodity if we do not know the precise meaning of words.
8. Which of these should be invoked through words?
Explanation: Compassion and positive emotions should be invoked through words, otherwise there may be a need to reassess their efficacy. It is better to err on the positive rather than the negative side.
9. Which of these is not a second hand emotion?
Explanation: People who live life second hand do not know the path of truth. They are influence by such second hand emotions as honour, prestige and reputation. They rarely talk about creativity and ability.
10. People who live life first hand, know the path of _____
Explanation: The correct statement is: People who live life first hand, know the path of truth. They acknowledge truth from others and are rarely bothered with false criticism.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10