This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “A Discussion and its Ingredients”.
1. Which of these should be avoided in an interview?
Explanation: The interviewee should speak clearly and effectively. He/she should not be confused while he/she speaks and instead should speak confidently and with a smile.
2. Which of these is not a characteristic of a group personality?
a) Spirit of conformity
b) Respect for group values
c) Collective power
Explanation: A group personality must have five characteristics. They are: spirit of conformity, respect for group values, respect to change, group prejudice and collective power.
3. The word discuss is derived from _______
Explanation: The word discuss is derived from the latin word discutere that means to shake or strike. The word discussion is a noun.
4. Which of these is not an ingredient of a discussion?
Explanation: A discussion has five ingredients. They are: purpose, planning, participation, informality and leadership.
5. Which of these is the first ingredient in a group discussion?
Explanation: The first ingredient of an effective discussion is purpose. Unless there is a clear purpose there will not be any discussion.
6. Planning is the _______ ingredient of discussion.
Explanation: The correct statement is: Planning is the second ingredient of discussion. We can’t rely on any random or on the sop expression of feelings or ideas.
7. Participation is the third ingredient of a group discussion.
Explanation: The statement is true. Participation is the third ingredient of a group discussion. Participation is the very life of a meaningful discussion.
8. Which of these is the fourth ingredient in a group discussion?
Explanation: Informality is the fourth ingredient in a group discussion. Informality and cordiality are essential to encourage the fullest possible participation.
9. Which of these is the final ingredient in a group discussion?
Explanation: Leadership is the final ingredient in a group discussion. Every group discussion has to be piloted by a leader.
10. In a group discussion, a leader is assisted by a secretary.
Explanation: The statement is true. A leader is indispensable for a group discussion. It is to be pointed out that a leader has to be assisted by a secretary.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10