This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “A Discussion and its Ingredients”.
1. Which of these should be avoided in an interview?
Explanation: The interviewee should speak clearly and effectively. He/she should not be confused while he/she speaks and instead should speak confidently and with a smile.
2. Which of these is not a characteristic of a group personality?
a) Spirit of conformity
b) Respect for group values
c) Collective power
Explanation: A group personality must have five characteristics. They are: spirit of conformity, respect for group values, respect to change, group prejudice and collective power.
3. The word discuss is derived from _______
Explanation: The word discuss is derived from the latin word discutere that means to shake or strike. The word discussion is a noun.
4. Which of these is not an ingredient of a discussion?
Explanation: A discussion has five ingredients. They are: purpose, planning, participation, informality and leadership.
5. Which of these is the first ingredient in a group discussion?
Explanation: The first ingredient of an effective discussion is purpose. Unless there is a clear purpose there will not be any discussion.
6. Planning is the _______ ingredient of discussion.
Explanation: The correct statement is: Planning is the second ingredient of discussion. We can’t rely on any random or on the sop expression of feelings or ideas.
7. Participation is the third ingredient of a group discussion.
Explanation: The statement is true. Participation is the third ingredient of a group discussion. Participation is the very life of a meaningful discussion.
8. Which of these is the fourth ingredient in a group discussion?
Explanation: Informality is the fourth ingredient in a group discussion. Informality and cordiality are essential to encourage the fullest possible participation.
9. Which of these is the final ingredient in a group discussion?
Explanation: Leadership is the final ingredient in a group discussion. Every group discussion has to be piloted by a leader.
10. In a group discussion, a leader is assisted by a secretary.
Explanation: The statement is true. A leader is indispensable for a group discussion. It is to be pointed out that a leader has to be assisted by a secretary.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!