This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “E-mail Communication”.
1. Which of these is not a medium for e-mail?
Explanation: E-mail and websites are transmitted through Intranet, Internet and extranet. Everything has gone electronic way.
2. Which of these defined the internet?
a) The Federal Networking Council
b) The Federal Network Council
c) The Federal Networking Committee
d) The Federal Network Committee
Explanation: The Federal Networking Council in 1995 passes a unanimous resolution to define internet. Internet refers to a global information system.
3. Intranet is a company’s internal web.
Explanation: The statement is true. Intranet is a company’s internal web and uses TCP/IP, HTTP and other internet protocols. It’s main object is to share company information among employees.
4. Extranet is a web within a web.
Explanation: The statement is true. Extranet is a web within a web. Extranet is a collaborative network which uses internet protocols for business purposes.
5. Which of these is not used by intranet?
Explanation: Intranet is a company’s internal web and uses TCP/IP, HTTP and other internet protocols. It’s main object is to share company information among employees.
6. Which of these is the easiest way of communication?
Explanation: Billions of E-mail messages are sent throughout the world today. It is the cheapest and convenient than any other forms of communication like telephone or fax.
7. What does the following emotion display?
a) Confused face
b) Happy face
c) Shocked face
d) Amazed face
Explanation: In an email we use smileys or emotion symbols known as “emoticons” or “emojis” for display of attitudes. For instance, 😀 represents a happy face.
8. What does the following emotion display?
a) Confused face
b) Laughing face
c) Amazed face
d) Sad face
Explanation: In an email we use smileys or emotion symbols known as “emoticons” or “emojis” for display of attitudes. For instance, 😛 represents a laughing face.
9. Which of these do not provide free E-mail?
Explanation: Many companies worldwide provide free E-mail through internet. Hotmail, Rediff, BSNL, Yahoo are the companies to name a few. Whatsapp is a social media app which doesn’t provide E-mail feature.
10. Which of these should be avoided in an E-mail?
a) Wrong E-mail address
b) Subject line
Explanation: For writing successful E-mail messages, precautions should be taken. There should be use of correct E-mail address.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10