This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Preparing for an Interview”.
1. A job interview is usually how long?
a) 30 minutes
b) 60 minutes
c) 90 minutes
d) 100 minutes
Explanation: A job interview is usually 30 minutes long. In this time, the candidate must establish a relationship with the interviewer, impress and convince him.
2. Which of these is not a step in the preparation of an interview?
a) Analyzing yourself
b) Identifying your skills
c) Being negative
d) Revising your subject
Explanation: There are five steps in the preparation of an interview. They are: analyzing yourself, identifying your skills, researching the job position, revising your subject knowledge and developing your interview file.
3. In the preparation of an interview, which step is to research your job position?
Explanation: In the preparation of an interview, researching your job position in the third step. The first step is to analyze yourself followed by identifying your skills.
4. Developing the interview file is the last step in the preparation of an interview.
Explanation: The statement is true. Developing the interview file is the last step in the preparation of an interview preceded by revising your subject knowledge.
5. Self analysis is the first step in planning for any interview.
Explanation: The statement is true. Self- analysis is the first step in planning for any interview. We cannot project ourselves successfully unless we know our strengths and weaknesses properly.
6. Which of these is not a step in self – analysis?
a) Analyzing background
b) Identifying accomplishments
c) Identifying achievements
Explanation: Self- analysis includes five steps for efficiency preparation. They are: analyzing our background, identifying accomplishments, achievements, special interests and hobbies and analyzing career goals. Complaining will in no way enable us to evaluate our merits and shortcomings.
7. Which of these is the third aspect of self analysis?
a) Identifying achievements
b) Identifying special interests
c) Analyzing career goals
d) Identifying accomplishments
Explanation: The third aspect of self analysis is identifying special interests and hobbies. A list of such activities should be made.
8. ______ skills are assessed in an interview.
Explanation: There are two types of skills that might be assessed during an interview. They are: listening and skills and intuitive skills.
9. Which of these documents need not be in your interview file?
a) Interview letter
b) Original degrees
c) Family photo
Explanation: Your interview file should contain eight documents. They are: interview letter, original degrees, certificates, experience certificates, etc..
10. Which of these ways can’t be used to research about the company?
a) Visiting website
b) Refer books
c) School books
d) Refer annual report
Explanation: There are mainly five ways in which you can research about the company: visit the website, refer books, refer company directories, refer annual report and talk to people in company.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10