This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Group Discussions”.
1. Which of these are vital for any organisation?
b) Group discussions
Explanation: Group discussions are vital for any organisation. They streamline stray thoughts in a potent proactive action and generate information.
2. Which of these qualities are important in a group discussion?
a) Emotional stability
Explanation: Emotional stability plays an important role in a group discussion. No organisation wants a person who is not in control of his emotions.
3. In a group discussion, one must communicate with ______
d) long sentences
Explanation: In a group discussion, one must communicate with knowledge. He must be polite and compassionate and must utter ideas which are real to those present and easily understood.
4. In a group discussion, the discussion must be directed to its logical conclusion.
Explanation: The statement is true. In a group discussion, the discussion must be directed to its logical conclusion. You must appear to neatly direct a discussion to its logical conclusion without appearing to be superior to the offending person.
5. When is the worst time to break into a discussion?
a) When everyone is silent
b) When one person is talking
c) When two or three people are talking simultaneously
d) When there is less time left
Explanation: It is crucial to know when to break into a discussion. The worst time to break into a discussion is when two or three people are discussing a topic and talking simultaneously.
6. A group discussion must advance _____
c) Personal glory
Explanation: The statement is: A group discussion must advance truth. A group discussion is not meant for personal glory. It is meant to advance certain aspects to their logical conclusion.
7. Which of these must be avoided in a group discussion?
a) Speaking facts
b) Asking questions
c) Speaking fast
d) Speaking with clarity
Explanation: We must speak about facts and with clarity. We must never mumble, shout or speak very fast. It is better to ask questions in case a point is not understood.
8. In a group discussion, we should be _____
Explanation: In a group discussion we must be assertive. There is no room for dominating others. There is no place for subjectivity or personal prejudices.
9. A moderator is a monitor of a group discussion.
Explanation: The statement is true. A moderator is a monitor and observer of a group discussion. Group discussion takes place in his presence.
10. Which of these factors do not enhance listening skills?
b) Clear perception
Explanation: There are five factors that enhance the listening skills of the participant. They are : attention, clear perception, analytical approach, frankness and taking notes.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10