This set of Professional Communication Questions and Answers for Campus interviews focuses on “Letters of Applications”.
1. A letter of application should have the same form as a business letter.
Explanation: The statement is true. A letter of application should have the same form as a business letter. They are of two types.
2. Which of these letters are in response to an advertisement?
a) Solicited letters
b) Unsolicited letters
c) Letters of enquiry
d) Letters of complaint
Explanation: Letters of application are of two types : Solicited and unsolicited. Solicited letters are in response to an advertisement and unsolicited are written of one’s own accord.
3. Which of these letters of application must include a statement of the writer’s age?
a) For complain
b) For employment
c) For enquiry
d) For adjustment
Explanation: A letter of application for employment must include a statement of the writer’s age, education and experience.
4. Solicited letters of application are written of one’s own accord.
Explanation: The statement is false. Unsolicited letters of application are written of one’s own accord. Solicited letters of application are in response to an advertisement.
5. Resume is called curriculum vitae in ________
c) North America
d) South America
Explanation: Resume is called curriculum vitae in North America but the two have very different formats in the modern day world of job applications.
6. Which of these must not be mentioned in your CV?
a) Out of turn promotions
b) Special recognitions
c) How you helped your previous employer
d) Salary you are looking for
Explanation: It is very unprofessional to mention the salary amount that you hope to earn. Also, you must never belittle your previous boss or company while writing to apply for a new job at another company.
7. Which of these details should not be mentioned in your resume?
b) Telephone number
Explanation: A resume generally consists of details such as: Age, health, martial status, nationality, education, experience and references.
8. Where is the name and address mentioned in a Job- Description CV?
a) Top right corner
b) Top left corner
c) Bottom right corner
d) Bottom left corner
Explanation: The name and address of the specimen along with the date is mentioned in the top left corner of the job description CV. The date is mentioned below the name and address.
9. Which of these is not mentioned in a skills profile?
a) Career aim
b) Academic achievements
Explanation: A skills profile is different from a job description CV. You can highlight your skills here. You can mention details like career aim, employment, experience, sales, etc..
10. Which of these is mentioned in a bio- data?
a) Career aim
c) Telephone number
Explanation: A bio-data consists of details like name, address, telephone number, marital status, academic achievements, extracurricular activities, professional experience and reference.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication for Campus Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10