In this article, we will explore what a Professional Communication certification is, why it is important, and how you can go about getting certified in Professional Communication by Sanfoundry for free.
What is a Professional Communication certification?
A Professional Communication certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual’s proficiency in Professional Communication. The certified professional has in-depth knowledge of topics such as:
- effective presentation skills.
- handling of group discussions confidently.
- how to succeed in job interviews.
- soft skills needed for the workplace.
- language techniques used in a professional environment.
- listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills.
Which certification is best to work in the field of Professional Communication?
A certification in professional communication can help you learn the skills you need to be an effective communicator in any situation. There are numerous options available if you’re interested in obtaining a professional communication certification like the Sanfoundry certification or the Certified Professional Communicator (CPC) credential from the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC).
What type of job can I get with a Professional Communication certification?
There are many different jobs that require excellent communication skills. Customer service agents, marketing directors, and human resources specialists are a few of these positions. You may be able to work in one of these roles if you have excellent communication abilities. Strong communication skills can also help you succeed in sales, teaching, customer service, management, public relations, and many other fields.
What topics are covered in the Professional Communication certification course exam?
Here’s the complete syllabus of the exam.
|Professional Communication Certification Syllabus|
|Language as Skill of Communication||Phonetics and Articles||The Preposition, Tenses & Subject – Verb Accord|
|The Infinitive, The Participle & Clauses||Degrees of Comparison||Transformation of Sentences|
|Modifiers, Direct and Indirect Speech||Sentence Connectives||The Gerund and Punctuation and Capitalisation|
|Vocabulary and Use of Abbreviations||Correct Usage||Eponym, Concord and Homophones|
|Letter Writing||Paragraph and Proposal Writing||Verbal Communication|
|Oral Presentation||Technical Written Communication||Forms of Technical Writing|
|Report Writing||Advertising, Precis Writing & Short Essays||Interview Skills and Group Discussion|
|Communication: Process and Elements||Principles of Public Speaking||Speaking and Listening Skills|
A Professional Communication certification is a professional credential demonstrating an individual's proficiency in Professional Communication.
What are the benefits of obtaining a Professional Communication certification?
Benefits of getting a Professional Communication certification include demonstrating expertise in the subject and increasing competitiveness in the job market. It can also open up new opportunities for career advancement.
Sanfoundry Professional Communication CertificationSanfoundry offers online certification in Professional Communication for free. The certification exam is divided into two parts: Qualifier Test and Certification Test.
First step is to take the "Qualifier Test". If you have scored at least a B grade in the "Qualifier Test", then only you would be eligible to take part in the online "Certification Test". If you have scored an A* (Genius) or A (Excellent) grade in the certification test, then you will be awarded a “Certificate of Merit” in Professional Communication from Sanfoundry.
Professional Communication Certification Exam Overview:
Here are the details and format of the Certification Exam:
- Format: Online & Multiple Choice
- Prerequisite: Yes (Qualifier Test)
- Total Questions: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Fee: Free
In the online certification test, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer. So, you have to be more careful in your test. If needed, you should skip to the next question and come back to that question later so that you can manage the time more effectively during the test.
Based on your score, you would be given one of the following Grades:
Grade A* – Genius (You scored 100%)
Grade A – Excellent (Your score is in the range of 80% to 99%)
Grade B – Good (Your score is in the range of 60% to 80%)
Grade C – Average (Your score is in the range of 40% to 60%)
Grade D – Poor (Your score is in the range of 0% to 40%)
Steps to get the Free Professional Communication CertificateHow to prepare for Professional Communication Certification Exam?
Before you start taking the certification test, it is important to study and practice our collection of 1000 Professional Communication MCQs and check your progress by taking this subject specific Practice & Mock Tests.
Once you are ready, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sign up with Sanfoundry.
- Take this Professional Communication Qualifier Test.
- Score at least B Grade in the Qualifier test in order to be qualified to take the certification exam.
- Once you have qualified, you can take this Professional Communication Certification Test anytime (24×7).
- If you have scored either A* Grade (Genius) or A Grade (Excellent) in the test, then you are eligible for a "Certificate of Merit".
- Fill this feedback form and download your certificate of merit from here. Kindly note that we issue certificate-of-merit on a monthly basis only i.e., on 5th of the next month.
- Check your name in the list of top-rankers live here.
Professional Communication Certification FAQs1. Is a certification required to work in Professional Communication? Will it get me a job?
A certification is not mandatory, but it demonstrates your expertise in this field. So the benefit of a certification is that it can help make the process easier by showing employers that you have the skills necessary for the given job.
2. Can I do Professional Communication certification if I am a beginner?
Yes, but you should prepare the subject thoroughly by studying all the chapters and topics.
3. Is the Professional Communication exam hard?
This subject is not difficult to learn, but it's not an easy subject either. If you've practiced Professional Communication in-depth, then the test might be a little easier for you.
4. How long does it take to earn a Professional Communication certification?
The amount of time it takes to earn the certification varies depending on individual circumstances and level of experience. It typically takes several months of studying and practice to prepare for the certification exam.
5. Can I earn a college credit for my Professional Communication course if I am certified?
It depends on your college. There are few colleges and institutions which prefer the students to be certified by external institutions for a credit course. So, kindly check with your college.
6. Can I get certified in Professional Communication online?
Yes, Sanfoundry offers free online certificate in Professional Communication.
7. Which online Professional Communication Certification Course is the best?
Each online certification course has a specific focus and it prepares you for different skillset. So, there is no single best course on Professional Communication. The best you can do is to get a free certificate on this from Sanfoundry. If you are doing a self-study, you can learn the basics in the free Professional Communication Certification Course.
8. Can I get Professional Communication certification for free? How much it cost?
Yes, you can get the certification for free. A Certificate by Sanfoundry is 100% free for everyone.
9. How long is Professional Communication certification valid? Does it expire?
The certificate is valid for life. There is no need to renew your certificate or take any further steps to keep your certification active.
10. Who is eligible to take the Professional Communication certification exam?
Anyone who has been "working" or "studying" the subject can take the certification exam.
11. What is the format of the certification exam?
It is MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) based.
12. Is there any negative marking in the online certification exam?
In the Certification exam, you will be given 2 points for every correct answer. There will also be a negative marking of -1 for every wrong answer.
13. How many times can I take the certification exam?
You can attempt the certification exam 2 times a month.
14. Are there any resources or materials available to help me prepare for the Professional Communication Certification exam?
You should practice Sanfoundry Professional Communication MCQs. Additionally, you can refer to the collection of best Professional Communication Books.
15. Are there any prerequisites for Professional Communication certification?
Yes, there is one prerequisite. You have to complete the qualifier test before taking the certification test.
16. How do I get certified in Professional Communication?
Take the Sanfoundry test, get either an A* Grade (Genius) or an A Grade (Excellent) in the Professional Communication certification exam, and earn a free certificate of merit from us.
17. How do I register for the certification exam? How to get started?
Simply signup with Sanfoundry and take the test as mentioned here.