This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Types of Advertisements”.
1. Which aspect of a product is a customer not required to know?
a) About the product
b) Age of seller
c) Advantages of the product
d) Value for money
Explanation: Customers need to know three points about a product. They are: about the product, advantages of the product over other similar products and the value for money that the product provides.
2. Which of these is not a characteristic of an advertisement?
a) Inspire a customer
b) Arouse a desire
c) Discourage the buyer
d) Convince the buyer
Explanation: Any advertisement has these four characteristics : An advertisement must inspire a customer, must arouse a desire, must convince the buyer about the quality and it must motivate the customer to actually go and buy the product.
3. Which of these media is not used for advertisement?
Explanation: Seven types of media are used for advertisement. They are: newspapers, magazines, billboards, direct mail, radio, TV and cinema and Internet.
4. The choice of medium of advertisement depends on the contents of the message.
Explanation: The statement is true. The choice of medium of advertisement depends on the contents of the message, customer whom the advertisement wishes to attract and the money available for the advertisement.
5. Basic principles of advertisement remains the same for different mediums.
Explanation: The statement is true. Basic principles of advertisement remains the same for different mediums. An advertisement in a newspaper would be different from that in a magazine.
6. Which of these is cheap and informative?
Explanation: A newspaper is an intellectual way of reporting events and providing information. It is a cheap device and reach is huge.
7. Which of these contain no illustrations or logos?
c) Classified advertisements
Explanation: Classified advertisements are small and one column wide. These advertisements contain no illustrations or logos.
8. When a newspaper advertisement looks like a new story, it is called _______
a) classified notice
b) reading notice
c) writing notice
d) spoken notice
Explanation: The statement is: When a newspaper advertisement looks like a new story, it is called reading notice. They are the most expensive kind of newspaper advertisement.
9. Which of these media needs a script for an advertisement?
a) Newspaper advertisements
b) Classified advertisements
Explanation: The radio is a powerful medium for broadcasting news and for advertisements. An advertisement on radio needs a script, which should be written like a screenplay.
10. Which of these is the best medium for advertisement?
Explanation: Magazines, Radio and Newspapers are examples of “audio only” or “visual only” forms of advertising. Television is both, that is, it’s audio-visual. Hence, it conveys the most information, making it the best medium for advertising.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10