This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Cultural Events”.
1. Culture is centered around the place of worship.
Explanation: The statement is false. Culture is a rather loose term. To a religious man, culture is centered entirely around the place of worship.
2. Around which of these is culture not centered for a modern man?
Explanation: To a religious man, culture is centered entirely around the place of worship. To a modern man it may be centered around the club, organisation, society or group.
3. Any group must advance strength through _____
d) dyadic communication
Explanation: The correct statement is: Any group must advance strength through unity and not have the ugliness of a collective, where a vague illusion of a collective throttles individual freedom.
4. An organisation must give _____ to an individual.
b) work load
Explanation: An organisation must enhance individual joy and freedom; it must not reduce them. A collective must have least possible amount of rules.
5. Clubs are recreational institutions.
Explanation: The statement is true. Clubs are recreational institutions. Members must use them for recreation and let others use them for their recreation.
6. Which of these should be avoided in a club?
a) Basic courtesies
b) Club timings
c) Dress code
d) Rude behavior
Explanation: Members must show basic courtesies while they are in the club. They must adhere to the club timings and its dress code. Children must be left at home in case they are not allowed.
7. Language in the club must enhance ______
Explanation: Language in the club must enhance harmony. In the case of clubs meant for cultural activities or games, it is better to participate in them.
8. Which of these should be avoided in a cultural event?
d) Personal envy
Explanation: Our words and actions must spread harmony and joy. The intention should be one of accommodation and genuine caring instead of personal envy and resentment.
9. Which of these must not be used while addressing a woman?
a) Mrs. Verma
b) Miss Sharma
Explanation: A man should make sure that a woman is comfortable. It is better to call her “Mrs. Verma” or “Miss Sharma” instead of “Bhabhiji” or “Bahenji”.
10. Which of these must be avoided when with a woman?
a) Non standard words
b) Offering to buy her a drink
c) Getting her a seat
d) Praising her
Explanation: When with a woman, only standard words must be used. Avoid slang, non standard words, jargon, abbreviations, words with vaguely understood meaning, etc..
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10