This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication”.
1. Which of these do not deal with precise information?
d) Fiction writer
Explanation: A scientist, engineer, technician or technologist deals with precise information. A fiction writer may indulge in charming nonsense, but a scientific man must develop a style of writing which conveys information with precision.
2. In an office, an employee communicates horizontally with his _______
Explanation: The correct statement is: In an office, an employee communicates horizontally with his colleagues. Horizontal communication happens between people who are on the same tier as each other in an office hierarchy. He communicates vertically with his subordinates and superiors. Vertical communication happens between people who are on different levels in an office hierarchy.
3. Talking comes under which type of communication?
b) Non- verbal
Explanation: Communication can be of two types. They are: verbal communication and non-verbal communication. Talking is an effective tool, but it has limited reach.
4. Which of these has maximum reach?
Explanation: Writing has enormous reach. It has an inviolable quality about it, since what has been written cannot be altered.
5. How is good technical writing achieved?
b) By practice
Explanation: Good technical writing does not come naturally. It is an end product of careful practice. It is obvious that a technical writer must have something substantial to say.
6. Which of these parameters are not required to define style?
a) Moral truth
Explanation: There are three parameters that are stated when defining style. They are: moral truth, compassion and information with precision.
7. Any style must convey moral truth.
Explanation: The statement is true. Any style must convey intellectual and moral truth. Most writers tend to hide truth. Their language becomes a vehicle of ambiguity.
8. Any writer must convey truth with warmth.
Explanation: The statement is true. Any writer must convey truth with warmth and compassion. Any good writing must create a bond of oneness between writer and reader.
9. A writer must not convey information with _____
Explanation: Any writer must convey truth in his writing. Also, it must convey information simply with precision and clarity. It must be such that it is easily understood by every reader.
10. Which of these are to be avoided in any style of writing?
Explanation: Any style must convey intellectual and moral truth. Most writers tend to hide truth. The first thing a writer must do is ensure that he is being truly honest to himself.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10