This set of Professional Communication Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “CV, Resume and Bio-data”.
1. References are mentioned in a resume.
Explanation: The statement is true. References are mentioned in a resume. Resume has other details like age, health, nationality, etc.
2. A skill profile is same as that of a job description CV.
Explanation: The statement is false. A skills profile is different from a job description CV. Here, the stress is less on the jobs you have done and more on the skills you have acquired.
3. Which of these is not mentioned in a resume?
Explanation: Address is not mentioned in a resume. Age, experience, nationality and health is mentioned along with education.
4. How many references are usually given in a resume?
Explanation: Generally, three references are to be mentioned in a resume. In some cases, more than three can also be mentioned.
5. Which of these is not mentioned in a job description CV?
Explanation: Nationality is not usually mentioned in a job description CV. Name, address and date is mentioned in a job description CV along with education.
6. Where is the name and address mentioned in a skills profile?
a) Top left corner
b) Top right corner
c) Bottom left corner
d) Bottom right corner
Explanation: The name and address is mentioned in the top left corner in a specimen skills profile. Along with this, career aim, employment and experience is mentioned.
7. How many references are usually given in a bio-data?
Explanation: Generally, two references are mentioned in a bio-data. In some cases, more than two can also be mentioned.
8. Which of these is not mentioned in a bio-data?
c) Career aim
Explanation: Career aim is usually mentioned in a skills profile and not in a bio-data. Name, address, telephone number and references are mentioned in a bio-data.
9. Resume is a _____ word.
Explanation: Resume is a French word which means summary. It is a document which is used in application for a job.
10. Curriculum vitae is a ____ word.
Explanation: Curriculum vitae is a Latin word which means course of life. It is abbreviated as CV. It should have a fairly standard layout.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Professional Communication.
To practice all areas of Professional Communication, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Professional Communication
- Participate in Professional Communication Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Professional Communication
- Take Professional Communication Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10