Our 1000+ Strength of Materials questions and answers focuses on all areas of Strength of Materials subject covering 100+ topics in Strength of Materials. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Strength of Materials. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Strength of Materials comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Strength of Materials interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Strength of Materials with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Strength of Materials Subject
Who should Practice these Strength of Materials Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Strength of Materials Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Strength of Materials
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Strength of Materials Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Simple Stress and Strain
The section contains questions and answers on strain, elasticity, hookes law, stress and strain curves, elastic constant relationship, strain properties and constants.
Stress & Strain Curve
Properties of Strain
Strain Constants – 1
Strain Constants – 2
Elastic Constants Relationship – 1
Elastic Constants Relationship – 2
2. Questions on Stresses in Members
The section contains questions on stresses like bending, tensile, normal, compressive and thermal stresses, varying sections, superposition principle and composite section bars.
3. Questions & Answers on Strain Energy and Resilience
The section contains questions and answers on strain energy definition, resilience, sudden, gradual and impact loadings.
Definition of Strain Energy
4. Questions on Center of Gravity and Moment of Inertia
The section contains questions on centre of gravity, section gravity center, moment and mass moment of inertia.
Center of Gravity
Center of Gravity of Section
Moment of Inertia
Moment of Inertia of Section
Mass Moment of Inertia
5. Questions & Answers on Shear Force and Bending Moment
The section contains questions and answers on beams types and loads, shear force, supports types, maximum shear force and bending moment.
Types of Beams and Loads
Introduction to Shear Force and Bending Moment
Types of Supports
Maximum Shear Force
Maximum Bending Moment
Shear Force and Bending Moment Diagram
6. Questions on Pure Bending
The section contains questions on bending equation, pure bending stress, section modulus, bending stress in unsymmetrical sections, composite or flitched beams.
Pure Bending Stress
Strength of Section due to Section Modulus
Bending Stress in Unsymmetrical Sections
Composite or Flitched Beams
7. Questions & Answers on Shear Stress
The section contains questions and answers on shear stress basics, shear stress distribution in various sections and maximum shear stresses.
Introduction to Shear Stress
Shear Stress Distribution in Various Sections
Maximum Shear Stress – 1
Maximum Shear Stress – 2
8. Questions on Direct and Bending Stress
The section contains questions on combined stress, section kernel, bending stress due to eccentric loading and also loading in both directions.
Bending Stress Due to Eccentric Loading
Bending Stress Due to Eccentric Loading in Both Directions
Kernel of a Section
9. Questions & Answers on Dams Analysis
The section contains questions and answers on dams, rectangular dam and its analysis, dams stability analysis, trapezoidal dams as vertical and inclined side phase.
Rectangular Dam Analysis
Trapezoidal Dam as Vertical Side Phase
Trapezoidal Dam as Inclined Side Phase
Dams Stability Analysis
10. Questions on Slope and Deflection
The section contains questions on slope, deflection, various beams analysis, simply supported and cantilever deflections.
Deflection of Cantilever
Deflection of Simply Supported
Analyse Slope of Various Beams
11. Questions & Answers on Indeterminate Beams
The section contains questions and answers on analyse and deflection of propped cantilever and fixed beam, intermediate beam analyse and continuous beam deflection.
Analyse Propped Cantilever
Deflection of Propped Cantilever
Analyse Fixed Beam
Deflection of Fixed Beam
Analyse Indeterminate Beam
Deflection of Continuous Beam
12. Questions on Torsion
The section contains questions on torque definition, torsion equation, shear stress, polar moment of inertia, polar modulus, combined bending, power and composite shaft.
Definition of Torque
Shear Stress and Twisting Moment
Polar Moment of Inertia
Polar Modulus and Torsional Rigidity
Combined Bending and Torsion
Power of Shaft
13. Questions & Answers on Frames
The section contains questions and answers on frames stresses.
|Stresses in Frames – 1||Stresses in Frames – 2|
14. Questions on Thin Cylinders
The sections covers questions on thin cylinders, thin cylinders due to hoop and longitudinal stresses, thin cylinder under strain and stress, thin spherical shells under strain and stress.
15. Questions & Answers on Thick Cylinder
The section contains questions and answers on thick cylinder shell and trusses.
Thick Cylinder Shell
Trusses – 1
|Trusses – 2|
16. Questions on Columns and Struts
The section contains questions on column definition and design, eulers theory, rankines theory, shear failure and core cross section.
17. Questions & Answers on Simple Connections
The section contains questions and answers on rivet joint, rivet lap joint and strain energy.
Rivet Lap Joint
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Strength of Materials!