This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Regulations Governing Generator”.
1. Any person by site whose act causes hazardous waste to become subject to regulation is known as ___
Explanation: As per code 49 regulation of EPA, HW generator is defined as any person by site whose act causes hazardous waste to become subject to regulation.
2. Person who removes hazardous waste residues in a vehicle that have carried raw materials and sludge is a generator. True or False.
Explanation: Person who removes hazardous waste residue and sludge in vehicle or vessel that have carried raw materials or hires party to remove and dispose sludges is considered as HW generator.
3. Under ___ regulations, carried is also considered generator if carrier imports HW.
Explanation: Under DOT regulations, carried is also considered generator if carrier imports HW, mixes HW with different DOT descriptions, or is responsible for discharge of HW.
4. Which of the following DOT regulation is applied to all hazardous material?
a) Identification of waste
Explanation: Identifying and classifying waste according to DOT hazardous materials are the pre-transport or DOT regulation that is applied for all hazardous material.
5. If the waste generated is hazardous, generators should obtain ____
c) Identification number
d) Chemical analysis
Explanation: If the waste generated is hazardous, generators should obtain EPA identification number by submitting EPA form to agency.
6. Hazardous waste transportation regulations are regulated by ____ and ____
a) EPA, DOT
b) NPL, DOT
c) EPA, NEPA
d) EPA, HPS
Explanation: Hazardous waste transportation regulations are regulated by EPA and DOT which include notification and manifest requirements.
7. Generators are responsible for providing transportation. True or False.
Explanation: Generators are responsible for providing transportation such as rail tanks, tankers, highway cargo tanks and certain fright containers.
8. Generators may periodically exceed or fall below their normal generation limits are considered _____ generator.
Explanation: Generators may periodically exceed or fall below their normal generation limits are considered episodic generator and is responsible for complying with all applicable requirements of that category of HW.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.