This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Schedules-1”.
1. Schedule I talks about ____
a) List of processes that generate HW
b) Management of HW
c) Export of HW
d) Import of HW
Explanation: Schedule I of hazardous waste focus on the list of processes that generate hazardous waste, for instance, Petrochemical processes and pyrolytic operations generate Oily sludge emulsion and organic residues.
2. Which of the following hazardous waste is produced from production of mineral acids?
a) Spent pickling liquor
b) Benzol acid sludge
c) Spent catalyst
d) Decanter tank sludge
Explanation: Production of mineral acids produces process acidic residue, filter cake, dust and spent catalyst from the activity.
3. The high volume low effect wastes such as fly ash, Phosphogypsum etc are included under schedule I. True or False.
Explanation: Separate guidelines on the management of high volume low effect wastes are issued by Central Pollution Control Board.
4. Schedule II focus on the ____
Explanation: The main focus of schedule II is the list of waste constituents with concentration limits.
5. Class A of schedule II is based on ____
Explanation: Class A schedule II is based on leachable concentration limits i.e., Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP) or Soluble Threshold Limit Concentration (STLC).
6. What is the concentration of class A1 element according to schedule II?
Explanation: A1 element of class A schedule II is Arsenic. The maximum concentration is 5.0mg/L.
7. Class B of schedule II is based on ____
Explanation: Class A of schedule II is based on Total Threshold Limit Concentration (TTLC) provided by CPCB.
8. Class C of schedule II is based on ____
Explanation: Class C of schedule II is based on hazardous characteristics such as ignitibility, corrosivity, flammability and toxicity.
9. Class C1 of class C schedule II focus on ____
Explanation: Class C1 of class C schedule II focus on flammable characters such as temperature, pressure, moisture content and spontaneous chemical changes.
10. Class C2 of class C schedule II focus on ____
Explanation: Class C2 of class C schedule II focus on corrosive characters such as the pH range and temperature.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.