This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers focuses on “Soil and Biological Quality Monitoring”.
1. Monitoring surface water is done at least once in a ____
Explanation: Monitoring of surface waters (river, impoundments) at upstream and downstream and in adjoining area is necessary at least once in a quarter.
2. It is necessary to collect the sample of be benthal deposit upto a distance of ____m from the TSDF.
Explanation: It is necessary to collect the sample of benthal deposit of the stream upto a distance of 500 m from the TSDF to check for contamination.
3. Surface water samples should be analyzed for pH, colour and turbidity. True or False.
Explanation: Surface water samples should be analyzed for pH, Colour, EC, Turbidity (NTU), SS, TDS, TOC, DO, BOD, COD, heavy metals (such as Pb, Cd, Cu, Zn, Cr, Hg, Ni), Fe, CN, F, As and Mn, Cl, NO3 , SO4 , TKN, Total Alkalinity, Total hardness.
4. Soil sample has to be measured for TOC and PAH. True or False.
Explanation: The soil samples should be analyzed for pH, EC, Colour, TDS, TOC, TSS, PAH, heavy metals (such as Pb, Cd, Cu, Zn, Cr, Hg, Ni), CN, F, As and Mn.
5. Composite soil sample is required to be collected up to a depth of ____ m.
Explanation: Composite soil sample is required to be collected up to a depth of 1 m beneath the soil surface for every grid size of 250 X 250 m up to a radius of 500 m from the center of the TSDF.
6. Soil samples should be collected and analyzed for the suggested parameters at least ____ in a year.
Explanation: Soil samples should be collected and analyzed for the suggested parameters at least once in a year i.e. pre-monsoon.
7. Plantations of locally available ____ to be made in all directions of the TSDF.
a) Sensitive plants
b) Teak plants
d) Banyan tree
Explanation: Plantations of locally available sensitive plants to be made in all directions of the TSDF at different distances to observe and record periodically the health of each plant.
8. What is the hazardous pollutant released from fax machines?
Explanation: Photoelectric cells, pigments, photocopiers, fax machines releases selenium into environment.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.