This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers focuses on “TSDF – Soil and Biological Quality Monitoring”.
1. Monitoring surface water is done at least once in a __________
Explanation: Monitoring of surface waters (river, impoundments) at upstream and downstream and in adjoining area is necessary at least once in a quarter.
2. It is necessary to collect the sample of be benthal deposit upto a distance of _______ m from the TSDF.
Explanation: It is necessary to collect the sample of benthal deposit of the stream upto a distance of 500 m from the TSDF to check for contamination.
3. Surface water samples should be analyzed for pH, colour and turbidity.
Explanation: Surface water samples should be analyzed for pH, Colour, EC, Turbidity (NTU), SS, TDS, TOC, DO, BOD, COD, heavy metals (such as Pb, Cd, Cu, Zn, Cr, Hg, Ni), Fe, CN, F, As and Mn, Cl, NO3 , SO4 , TKN, Total Alkalinity, Total hardness.
4. Soil sample has to be measured for TOC and PAH.
Explanation: The soil samples should be analyzed for pH, EC, Colour, TDS, TOC, TSS, PAH, heavy metals (such as Pb, Cd, Cu, Zn, Cr, Hg, Ni), CN, F, As and Mn.
5. Composite soil sample is required to be collected up to a depth of _______ m.
Explanation: Composite soil sample is required to be collected up to a depth of 1 m beneath the soil surface for every grid size of 250 X 250 m up to a radius of 500 m from the center of the TSDF.
6. Soil samples should be collected and analyzed for the suggested parameters at least ________ in a year.
Explanation: Soil samples should be collected and analyzed for the suggested parameters at least once in a year i.e. pre-monsoon.
7. Plantations of locally available ___________ to be made in all directions of the TSDF.
a) Sensitive plants
b) Teak plants
d) Banyan tree
Explanation: Plantations of locally available sensitive plants to be made in all directions of the TSDF at different distances to observe and record periodically the health of each plant.
8. What is the hazardous pollutant released from fax machines?
Explanation: Photoelectric cells, pigments, photocopiers, fax machines releases selenium into environment.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Hazardous Waste Management
- Participate in Hazardous Waste Management Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Hazardous Waste Management
- Take Hazardous Waste Management Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Buy Civil Engineering Books
- Practice Civil Engineering MCQs
- Apply for Civil Engineering Internship
- Apply for Hazardous Waste Management Internship
- Buy Hazardous Waste Management Books