This set of Hazardous Waste Management online quiz focuses on “Assessment of Hazardous Sites”.
1. Under MTCA, the process for cleaning up a hazardous waste site is ____________
Explanation: Site Hazard Assessment (SHA) is the process for cleaning up a hazardous waste site under Model Toxic Control Act.
2. What is the main purpose of a site hazard assessment?
a) To provide data
b) Obtain SHA
Explanation: The main purpose of a site hazard assessment is to provide sufficient sampling data and other information to confirm contamination and identify HW.
3. Site Hazard Assessment always necessary.
Explanation: Sites doing independent clean-ups and requesting Ecology consultation does not require Site Hazard Assessment.
4. Site ranking by WRM represents an estimation of __________
Explanation: Site ranking by Washington Ranking Method represents an estimation of the potential threat posed by a site.
5. Landfill should not be constructed within ________ m of lake or pond.
Explanation: Landfill should not be constructed within 200 m of lake or pond because of concerns regarding runoff of waste water contact.
6. A landfill site should be ___________ m away from informed habituated area.
Explanation: A zone of 500 m around a landfill boundary should be declared a No-Development Buffer Zone and developmental activities are prohibited.
7. A landfill should be constructed within __________ m of highway.
Explanation: A landfill should be constructed within 200 m of the right of way of any state or national highway for aesthetic reasons.
8. Subsoil investigation has to be done for __________
a) Landfill design
Explanation: Subsoil investigation has to be done for landfill design, for borrow area of liner material and for approach road to landfill.
9. Hydrological investigation has to be done for ___________
a) Landfill design
d) Collection of hydrological data
Explanation: Hydrological investigation has to be done for collection of hydro-meteorological data and topographical maps of surrounding area.
10. The active period of landfill range from ____________ years.
Explanation: The active period of a landfill range from 10 to 25 years depending on the availability of land area.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management for online Quizzes, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Hazardous Waste Management
- Participate in Hazardous Waste Management Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Hazardous Waste Management
- Take Hazardous Waste Management Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10