This set of Hazardous Waste Management online quiz focuses on “Assessment of Hazardous Sites”.
1. Under MTCA, the process for cleaning up a hazardous waste site is ____________
Explanation: Site Hazard Assessment (SHA) is the process for cleaning up a hazardous waste site under Model Toxic Control Act.
2. What is the main purpose of a site hazard assessment?
a) To provide data
b) Obtain SHA
Explanation: The main purpose of a site hazard assessment is to provide sufficient sampling data and other information to confirm contamination and identify HW.
3. Site Hazard Assessment always necessary.
Explanation: Sites doing independent clean-ups and requesting Ecology consultation does not require Site Hazard Assessment.
4. Site ranking by WRM represents an estimation of __________
Explanation: Site ranking by Washington Ranking Method represents an estimation of the potential threat posed by a site.
5. Landfill should not be constructed within ________ m of lake or pond.
Explanation: Landfill should not be constructed within 200 m of lake or pond because of concerns regarding runoff of waste water contact.
6. A landfill site should be ___________ m away from informed habituated area.
Explanation: A zone of 500 m around a landfill boundary should be declared a No-Development Buffer Zone and developmental activities are prohibited.
7. A landfill should be constructed within __________ m of highway.
Explanation: A landfill should be constructed within 200 m of the right of way of any state or national highway for aesthetic reasons.
8. Subsoil investigation has to be done for __________
a) Landfill design
Explanation: Subsoil investigation has to be done for landfill design, for borrow area of liner material and for approach road to landfill.
9. Hydrological investigation has to be done for ___________
a) Landfill design
d) Collection of hydrological data
Explanation: Hydrological investigation has to be done for collection of hydro-meteorological data and topographical maps of surrounding area.
10. The active period of landfill range from ____________ years.
Explanation: The active period of a landfill range from 10 to 25 years depending on the availability of land area.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management for online Quizzes, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!