This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on ” Air Quality Monitoring”.
1. Air quality monitoring stations should be ____ degree around TSDF.
Explanation: Air quality monitoring stations at upwind, downwind and at three stations at 120o angle around the TSDF is required.
2. The locations of air quality monitoring stations depends on ____
a) Stack height
b) Wind speed
c) Wind direction
Explanation: The locations of air quality monitoring stations depend on the stack height and location of any particular ecologically sensitive feature around the disposal facility.
3. Location of air quality monitoring stations is decided by PCB. True or False.
Explanation: Location of air quality monitoring stations is decided by Pollution Control Board (PCB) or Pollution Control Committee (PCC).
4. Total Volatile Organic Compounds has to be monitored apart from stipulated NAAQS. True or False.
Explanation: Total Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) has to be monitored apart from stipulated National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) to minimized impacts from TSDF.
5. How many measurements should be taken for SPM in a year?
Explanation: SPM, RPM, NOx and SOxshould be continued to be monitored as per NAAQS criteria minimum of 104 measurements in a year taken twice a week, 24 hourly.
6. VOC should be monitored at least ___ a year.
Explanation: Total Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) should be monitored at least twice in a year (pre-monsoon and post-monsoon).
7. Stack gaseous emission for the parameters should be carried out ____ basis.
Explanation: Quarterly monitoring of the stack gaseous emission for the parameters should be carried out as stipulated under the gaseous emission norms which is notified under the Environment (Protection) Fifth Amendment Rules, 2008.
8. Which of the following stack emission has to be monitored continuously?
Explanation: SO2, NOx, HCL and CO stack emission has to be monitored continuously using on-line monitoring system.
9. Vent Gases attached with the capped SLF has to be monitored ____
a) Once a week
b) Once a month
c) Once a day
d) Once a year
Explanation: Vent Gases attached with the capped SLF such as total VOCs and H2S should be monitored at least once in a month through the vents of the capped cells till designed life span of the TSDF.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.