This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Management of Hazardous Waste”.
1. When did Hazardous waste management act enacted in India?
Explanation: Hazardous Wastes Management and Handling Rules came into existence on 1989 in India and is responsible for safe management of hazardous waste.
2. Who is responsible for safe disposal of the generated hazardous waste?
c) Waste facility
Explanation: The generator is responsible for the safe disposal of waste being produced by them and also is accountable for the clean-up in case of an accident.
3. Trivalent Chromium Waste is hazardous waste. True or False.
Explanation: EPA excludes certain solid wastes from hazardous waste when a material does not define hazardous waste. It is not hazardous, even if the material technically meets a listing or exhibits a characteristic of HW.
4. The activities of hazardous waste management facility are _____
Explanation: Hazardous waste management facilities receive hazardous wastes for treatment, storage or disposal. The aim is to carry out activities without effecting ecosystems.
5. What is the goal of Hazardous Waste Management Unit?
a) Protect health and environment by risks of HW
b) Chemical analysis
Explanation: EPA established design and operating requirements of HWMU to protect human health and environment by the risks posed by hazardous waste.
6. Regulations for waste management is provided under subtitle C of ____
Explanation: Specific regulations have been developed for several types of hazardous waste management units under Subtitle C of RCRA.
7. Landfills are engineered for liquid waste. True or False.
Explanation: Landfills are designed for solid hazardous wastes, which meets all the criteria for disposal on landfill.
8. Tracking of the hazardous waste is done to prevent ______
c) Midnight dumping
Explanation: Tracking of hazardous waste is done to prevent illegal dumping and abandoning of the waste which will be menace to public.
9. Which form of shipment is common for transport of hazardous waste?
d) Inland water
Explanation: Highway shipment is the most common mode of transport, road vehicles can gain access to industrial sites and TSDFs.
10. Why is manifest system necessary?
a) To monitor journey of waste
b) To track waste
c) To analyse chemicals
d) To export
Explanation: The manifest system helps to get rid of the problem of midnight dumping and provides means for determining the type and amount of hazardous waste being generated.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.