This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Waste Minimization – Policy on Waste Reduction”
1. Managing waste is the responsibility of the government.
Explanation: Waste management is the responsibility of industries, communities, households and individuals.
2. The ______ Government is responsible for national legislation in Sydney.
Explanation: The Australian Government is responsible for national legislation, strategies and policy frameworks for waste and has effective role in resource recovery.
3. The first complete domestic approach to waste management was agreed by _____ council.
Explanation: First waste management approach was undertaken in 1992 by the National Strategy for Ecologically Sustainable Development by the Council of Australian Governments (COAG).
4. ______ policy offers national framework for waste management and resource recovery in Australia.
a) National hazard policy
b) National waste policy
c) Environmental policy
d) Hazardous policy
Explanation: National waste policy address reduction of waste at source, pursues sustainability and offers solutions.
5. ______ are designed to assist environmental management.
Explanation: National Environment Protection Measures (NEPMs) are made under the National Environment Protection Council Act 1994 for better environment management.
6. Which of the act is addressed for energy production?
Explanation: The National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act of 2007 provides information about greenhouse gas emissions, energy production, energy consumption.
7. Which act is responsible for reducing pollution at source?
c) Pollution prevention act
d) Waste reduction act
Explanation: Pollution prevention is reducing waste at source by modifying production processes, encouraging the use of nontoxic substances, implementing resource conservation techniques, and reusing materials.
8. The National pollution prevention policy states waste should be released to environment as quick as possible.
Explanation: The National pollution prevention policy states release of chemical into the environment should be employed only as a last option and should be conducted in an environmentally safe manner.
9. ______ programme is undertaken by UK government to deliver resource efficiency policies.
Explanation: Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP) is undertaken by UK government for reduction of waste at communities, business sector and local authorities.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!