This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Bulk Transportation”.
1. Including tachograph in trucks were employed by ____
Explanation: To reduce accidents and for better braking system Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) recommended to include tachograph in trucks.
2. Which among the following are the main carrier of bulk transport on road?
b) Cargo tanks
Explanation: Cargo tanks are the main carrier of bulk transport on road and are usually made of steel and aluminium.
3. Capacity range of cargo tank is _____ gallons.
Explanation: Capacity of cargo tank ranges from 4000-12000 gallons, some states allow higher gross weights.
4. The large private interstate transporters have new tankers. True or False.
Explanation: The large private interstate transporters have new tankers and small intrastate private carriers have older equipment.
5. Useful life of cargo tanks used to export _____ years.
Explanation: Useful life of cargo tanks used to export is 20 years and cargo tanks generally go through succession of owners.
6. Life span of tanker carrying corrosive is less. True or False.
Explanation: Life span of tanker carrying corrosive is less than that of cargo tanks carrying non-corrosives.
7. Which of the following transportation poses greater property damage?
Explanation: The larger volume transportation of gasoline is responsible for more deaths, injuries and property than transportation of other hazardous materials.
8. What is the useful life span of tankers in rail shipment?
Explanation: 80% of annual rail shipment hazardous materials involve tankers which has useful life span of 30-40 years.
9. What is the percent of chemicals transported in rail tonnage?
Explanation: 66% of rail tonnage consists of chemicals, 23% petroleum products and 25% liquids or corrosive materials.
10. What is the capacity range of tank barges used in marine shipment?
Explanation: The capacity range of tank barges used in marine shipment is 30000-60000 gallons and tankers are 10 times larger than those f used in road shipment.
11. Which among the following comes under non-bulk transportation?
Explanation: Materials used in on-bulk packaging include fibre, plastic, wood, glass, fibre glass and metals.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.