This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Characterization – Reactivity Test”.
1. A waste that is unstable and undergoes rapid changes is a character of _________
Explanation: The waste which is normally unstable and undergoes chemical changes rapidly without detonating is said to have reactive character.
2. The waste character responsible for vigorous reaction is ________
Explanation: The reactive characters leads hazardous waste to react violently with water and forms explosive mixtures with water.
3. Zinc waste exposed to pH conditions between 2 and 12.5 can generate toxic gases.
Explanation: Cyanide or sulphide bearing waste, exposed to pH conditions between 2 and 12.5 generates toxic gases or fumes which has negative effect on human health and environment.
4. If a hazardous material has ________ character, it detonates when heated.
Explanation: If a hazardous material has reactive character it is capable of detonation or explosive reaction if it is subjected to heating.
5. A forbidden explosive is reactive.
Explanation: A forbidden explosive which reacts vigorously under standard temperature and pressure and which may detonate is called reactive.
6. The main identification of reactive waste is ________
Explanation: Identifying character of reactive waste is instability, which the waste possess and is explosive at any stage if managed improperly.
7. Which of the following is an example for reactive waste character?
a) Steel smelting
b) Iron manufacturing
c) TNT operations
d) Zinc smelting
Explanation: TNT operations use cyanide for most of the process and cyanide is highly reactive.
8. Toxic gases are produced if the waste holds _________ character.
Explanation: For a waste to be called reactive, it has to produce toxic fumes or gases when in contact with water or certain liquid.
9. Hazardous waste number of material that is not considered reactive is ________
Explanation: A waste that exhibits corrosivity character but is not listed as hazardous waste in sub-part B of EPA has a number D003.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Hazardous Waste Management
- Participate in Hazardous Waste Management Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Hazardous Waste Management
- Take Hazardous Waste Management Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Buy Civil Engineering Books
- Apply for Civil Engineering Internship
- Apply for Hazardous Waste Management Internship
- Practice Civil Engineering MCQs
- Buy Hazardous Waste Management Books