This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “TSDF – Groundwater Quality Monitoring”.
1. Ground water characteristics has to be monitored at least once in a _________ till design span.
Explanation: Ground water characteristics has to be monitored at least once in a quarter till designed life span of the TSDF.
2. Ground water pH has to be analysed in monitoring.
Explanation: Ground water should be analysed for pH, Colour, EC, Turbidity (NTU), SS, TDS, TOC, COD, heavy metals, Fe, CN, F, As and Mn, Cl, NO3 , SO4 , TKN, Total Alkalinity, Total hardness and Total Pesticides.
3. Ground water samples should be collected at least up to a distance ________ km.
Explanation: Ground water samples should be collected at least up to a distance of 5 KM from the TSDF location to analyse for contamination.
4. If no open wells are available, action needs to be taken to provide at least _________ monitoring wells.
Explanation: If no open wells or tube wells are available, action needs to be taken to provide at least four monitoring wells (piezometric) around the TSDF.
5. How should the monitoring wells be arranged in the absence of bore wells?
a) One on up gradient and other three on the down gradient
b) One on up gradient and other two on the down gradient
c) One on up gradient and other one on the down gradient
d) One on up gradient and other four on the down gradient
Explanation: In the absence of bore wells monitoring wells in such a way that one on up gradient of the ground water flow and other three on the down gradient side of the ground water flow at least up to first layer aquifer.
6. The ground water flow direction has to be ascertained periodically and reported at least __________
a) Once in a year
b) Once in two years
c) Once in three years
d) Once in four years
Explanation: The ground water flow direction has to be ascertained periodically and reported at least once in three years so as to know any changes in the ground water flow directions.
7. The directions of the ground water flow have to be established with _________
a) State Ground Water Board
b) Water Control Board
Explanation: The directions of the ground water flow have to be established in consultation with the State Ground Water Board or any other authority.
8. Lead content has to be checked in ground water analysis.
Explanation: Heavy metals such as Pb, Cd, Cu, Zn, Cr, Hg, Ni has to be monitored to prevent groundwater contamination.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!