This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Hazardous Waste Reduction”.
1. ______law covers the discharge of waste into environment in NY.
Explanation: The Hazardous Waste Reduction Plan (HWRP) accounts for hazardous wastes which emitted into air, discharged into waters, or treated and disposed of in a facility.
2. Waste reduction can be achieved by technology. True or False.
Explanation: Hazardous waste can be reduced through implementing technically feasible and economically practical hazardous waste reduction technologies.
3. HW that are not subjected to regulation after recycling can be recycled to minimise waste. True or False.
Explanation: Even if the material is listed as a hazardous waste or meets the characteristics of a hazardous waste, it cannot be recycled if it does not fall under HW category after recycling.
4. Which of the following HW cannot be recycled?
a) Used oil
b) Treatment waste
Explanation: Used oil includes petroleum-based or synthetic oil that has been used which has certain unique properties that separates it from most hazardous waste streams.
5. Which of the following techniques can be implemented to reduce hazardous waste?
c) Trans boundary movement
d) Chemical exchange
Explanation: By notifying materials handler, the excess chemicals can be used by someone else.
6. Which of the following can be considered as source reduction?
a) Material substitution
b) Treating offsite
d) Landfill disposal
Explanation: Raw material substitution if the waste being produced is more is effective source reduction. It can be achieved by life cycle analysis.
7. ______concept by RCRA is an attempt to reduce density of waste generated.
c) Cradle to grave
Explanation: Cradle to grave concept by RCRA to reduce generation of waste from generation point and also with respect to disposal sites.
8. TSD can accumulate waste for ____ days.
Explanation: A TSD facility generator can only accumulate hazardous waste for a period of 90 days according to RCRA.
9. ______approach should be considered to reduce the impact of waste on environment.
Explanation: By employing life cycle analysis (LCA) methods corporations can identify opportunities to reduce environmental impacts.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.