This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Transportation – Regulations”.
1. Which of the following act regulates transportation of hazardous waste?
Explanation: Subtitle C of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) regulates hazardous waste transporters and transportation.
2. Person engaged in the off-site transportation of the hazardous waste is known as transporter.
Explanation: A hazardous waste transporter as any person engaged in the off-site transportation of the hazardous waste according to subtitle C of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
3. When was the first law regarding transportation of hazardous materials passed?
Explanation: The first federal law regarding transportation of hazardous materials was passed on 1866 covering shipments of explosives and flammable materials.
4. Which of the following statute made transportation of hazardous materials illegal?
Explanation: An 1871 statute made it criminal act to transport specific hazardous materials on passenger materials in US navigable water.
5. When was Interstate Commerce Committee established?
Explanation: The Interstate Commerce Committee was established in 1887 primarily to regulate interstate rail transport.
6. When was Department of Transportation established?
Explanation: Department of Transportation was established in 1966 to regulate transportation of hazardous materials.
7. Which of the following act improves regulatory and enforcement activities?
Explanation: Hazardous Materials Transportation Act (HMTA) was passed to improve regulatory and enforcement activities by providing secretary of transportation board authority to set regulations.
8. When was HMT act passed?
Explanation: Hazardous Materials Transportation Act (HMTA) was passed in 1975 to protect against risk to life, property and environment with respect to transportation accidents.
9. EPA regulations governing transportation of materials must be consistent with ____________ regulations.
Explanation: EPA regulations governing the transportation of materials must be consistent with DOT regulations established under HMTA in February 1980.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.