This set of Hazardous Waste Management Interview Questions and Answers focuses on “Rules – Treatment, Storage and Disposal Facility”.
1. The final step in RCRA’s cradle-to-grave concept is ___________
Explanation: The final stage of RCRA’s cradle to grave concept is the treatment, storage, and disposal facility (TSDF) that trails the generator and transporter in the series of waste management activities.
2. The unit-specific design is required to __________
a) Prevent the release of HW
b) Good housekeeping
d) Export activities
Explanation: The unit-specific technical requirements are designed to prevent the release of hazardous waste into the environment.
3. TSDFs has to obtain permission in the form of ___________ permit.
Explanation: TSDFs are required to obtain RCRA permit form which has the set of technical rules and regulations to be followed for proper management of facility.
4. RCRA permits require facilities to develop emergency plans.
Explanation: According to RCRA permit, TSDFs has to follow instructions to prevent the exposure of chemicals into environment. It includes developing emergency plans, financial backing and training employees.
5. Permits are typically granted for a period up to ____ years.
Explanation: TSDFs must receive a permit before they begin construction of the facility and are usually granted for period of 10 years.
6. Transporters of hazardous waste does not require RCRA permit.
Explanation: Business that stores hazardous waste for short period of time, HW transporters activities after emergency does not require RCRA permit.
7. What type of waste does Subtitle D of RCRA regulate?
a) Solid hazardous waste
b) Chemical hazardous waste
c) Non-hazardous solid waste
d) D. Radioactive waste
Explanation: Subtitle D of RCRA regulates non-hazardous solid waste and says about proper management.
8. Storage of incinerable hazardous waste at the site is ______ months.
Explanation: The maximum storage of incinerable hazardous waste at the site is six months subject to obtaining approvals according to Hazardous waste rules, 2008.
9. External safety audit at an incinerator facility is carried out once in _____ year.
Explanation: In every incinerator facility, safety audit is done internally every year and externally once in two years.
10. The design of TSDF facilities should follow __________ guidelines.
Explanation: The design of secured landfill facilities as well as liners during the construction stage should strictly follow guidelines from CPCB.
11. Solidification of HW is done at TSDF to reduce ________
d) Record keeping
Explanation: Due to moisture content present in the waste, after a certain period of time water from the waste comes out and increases leaching and the volume of waste to be landfilled will be more.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management for Interviews, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!