This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Characterization – Corrosivity Test”.
1. Identified character of corrosivity is __________
Explanation: Corrosivity is an indicated character of hazardous waste because of the reactivity with high and low pH.
2. Toxic contaminant migration occurs in corrosive activity.
Explanation: Hazardous waste possessing corrosive character reacts with pH and with other waste to cause migration of toxic contaminants from certain waste.
3. Acidic waste possess ___________ character.
Explanation: Acidic waste and used pickle liquor from steel manufacturing industries hold corrosive characters.
4. ___________ is a prime indicator of corrosion.
Explanation: Steel corrosion is a prime indicator of hazardous waste since waste capable of corroding steel can escape from drums.
5. pH of corrosive substance is less than or equal to __________
Explanation: pH of corrosive substance is less than or equal to 2 or greater than or equal to 12.5 according to EPA test.
6. Steel corrosion rate by corrosive liquid or substance is _________ mm/year.
Explanation: Steel corrosion rate by corrosive material or substance is 6.35 mm/year according to NACE.
7. Steel corrosion rate by corrosive liquid or substance is observed at temperature ________ Celsius.
Explanation: The liquid which corrodes steel is maximum at test temperature 55 degree Celsius or 130 Fahrenheit according to NACE.
8. A non-aqueous substance produces pH of the corrosive standards when mixed with water is considered to have corrosive character.
Explanation: A non-aqueous material when mixed with an equivalent weight of water, produces a solution having a pH less than or equal to 2 or greater than or equal to 12.5 is said to be corrosive.
9. To establish corrosive character, the test by EPA is ___________ method.
Explanation: Corrosive character tests are Bureau of Indian Standard 9040 C method for pH, NACE and EPA 1110A for steel.
10. Hazardous waste number of material that is not considered corrosive is ____________
Explanation: A waste that exhibits corrosivity character but is not listed as hazardous waste in sub-part D of EPA has a number D002.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Hazardous Waste Management
- Participate in Hazardous Waste Management Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Hazardous Waste Management
- Take Hazardous Waste Management Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Civil Engineering Internship
- Apply for Hazardous Waste Management Internship
- Practice Civil Engineering MCQs
- Buy Hazardous Waste Management Books
- Buy Civil Engineering Books