This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Characterization – Corrosivity Test”.
1. Identified character of corrosivity is __________
Explanation: Corrosivity is an indicated character of hazardous waste because of the reactivity with high and low pH.
2. Toxic contaminant migration occurs in corrosive activity.
Explanation: Hazardous waste possessing corrosive character reacts with pH and with other waste to cause migration of toxic contaminants from certain waste.
3. Acidic waste possess ___________ character.
Explanation: Acidic waste and used pickle liquor from steel manufacturing industries hold corrosive characters.
4. ___________ is a prime indicator of corrosion.
Explanation: Steel corrosion is a prime indicator of hazardous waste since waste capable of corroding steel can escape from drums.
5. pH of corrosive substance is less than or equal to __________
Explanation: pH of corrosive substance is less than or equal to 2 or greater than or equal to 12.5 according to EPA test.
6. Steel corrosion rate by corrosive liquid or substance is _________ mm/year.
Explanation: Steel corrosion rate by corrosive material or substance is 6.35 mm/year according to NACE.
7. Steel corrosion rate by corrosive liquid or substance is observed at temperature ________ Celsius.
Explanation: The liquid which corrodes steel is maximum at test temperature 55 degree Celsius or 130 Fahrenheit according to NACE.
8. A non-aqueous substance produces pH of the corrosive standards when mixed with water is considered to have corrosive character.
Explanation: A non-aqueous material when mixed with an equivalent weight of water, produces a solution having a pH less than or equal to 2 or greater than or equal to 12.5 is said to be corrosive.
9. To establish corrosive character, the test by EPA is ___________ method.
Explanation: Corrosive character tests are Bureau of Indian Standard 9040 C method for pH, NACE and EPA 1110A for steel.
10. Hazardous waste number of material that is not considered corrosive is ____________
Explanation: A waste that exhibits corrosivity character but is not listed as hazardous waste in sub-part D of EPA has a number D002.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
Participate in the Sanfoundry Certification contest to get free Certificate of Merit. Join our social networks below and stay updated with latest contests, videos, internships and jobs!