This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Classification – Waste Analysis Plan”.
1. WAP is used to conduct detailed ________
Explanation: Waste Analysis Plan (WAP) documents the procedure which is required for detailed physical and chemical analysis.
2. A WAP is required for all TSDFs and generators of hazardous waste.
Explanation: Waste Analysis Plan is required for all TSDFs and generators of hazardous waste to meet LDR standards.
3. A WAP reduces _________
a) Improper handling
Explanation: Waste Analysis Plan reduces the liabilities, thus decreases improper handling and management of waste.
4. WAP comply requirement under law ________
Explanation: The plan works under the Federal law RCRA 40 CFR 262.11, which requires the generator to analyse if the waste generated is hazardous.
5. To determine characteristics of waste, laboratory analysis is required.
Explanation: To determine characteristics of wastes sampling methods, tools required for sampling, sample holding time and laboratory analysis are required.
6. A prohibited waste should not be disposed on _________ according to LDR.
Explanation: A prohibited waste should not be disposed on land, it has to be treated either on-site or off-site.
7. Management of hazardous waste is listed under part ________ of LDR program.
a) 458 and 578
b) 262 and 268
c) 111 and 211
d) 258 and 269
Explanation: Management of hazardous waste such as accumulation of waste in tanks are listed in part 262 and 268 of LDR requirements.
8. Parts 264 through 268 and 270 concerns about waste _________ requirements.
Explanation: Parts 264 through 268 and 270 concerns about waste analysis methodologies for safe management.
9. Small Quantity Generators are subjected to regulation under ________ part of LDR.
Explanation: SQGs are generators of > 100 kg/month and < 1000 kg/month of hazardous waste subjected to regulation of LDR under Part 262.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Hazardous Waste Management
- Participate in Hazardous Waste Management Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Hazardous Waste Management
- Take Hazardous Waste Management Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Hazardous Waste Management Internship
- Buy Civil Engineering Books
- Apply for Civil Engineering Internship
- Practice Civil Engineering MCQs
- Buy Hazardous Waste Management Books