This set of Hazardous Waste Management Assessment Questions and Answers focuses on “Laws for Site Remediation”.
1. The RCRA regulations are mainly focused on _____
Explanation: The RCRA regulations are mainly focused on prevention of hazardous waste rather than response or cleanup of wastes that are already released.
2. Waste generated from the cleanup of environmental contamination site is called as _____
a) Contamination waste
b) Remediation waste
c) Pollution waste
d) Hazardous waste
Explanation: Waste generated from the cleanup of environmental contamination site is called as remediation waste and is controlled by RCRA.
3. Remediation activities often involve less concentrated wastes.
Explanation: Remediation activities involve less concentrated wastes, one-time activities, and shorter-term activities for cleanup and is overseen by EPA.
4. Which program is used for facility that manages remediation waste?
Explanation: Remedial Action Plan (RAP) is designed for facility that manages remediation waste.
5. Subtitle ____ of RCRA explains about causes of problems and delays for clean-ups.
Explanation: Subtitle C of RCRA explains about causes of problems and delays for clean-ups and also about management requirements.
6. Subtitle C of RCRA explains about LDR. True or False.
Explanation: Subtitle C of RCRA explains about Land Disposal restrictions (LDR), Minimum Technological Requirements (MTR) and RCRA permitting procedures for clean-up activities.
7. _____ are the special unit designed by RCRA for TS and disposal of hazardous wastes managed for cleanup.
Explanation: Corrective Action Management Units (CAMU) and Temporary Units (TU) are the special unit designed by RCRA for treatment, storage, and disposal of hazardous wastes managed for cleanup.
8. When was CAMU regulations promulgated?
Explanation: CAMU regulations were published on February 16, 1993 for safe treatment, storage and disposal of hazardous wastes managed for cleanup.
9. _____memorandum describes the distinctions between the final Corrective Action Management Unit.
Explanation: Area of contamination (AOC) policy describes the distinctions between CAMU and encourages use of options to expedite remedial action.
10. _____rule exempts small scale treat-ability studies.
Explanation: Treatability Studies Exclusion rule exempts small scale treat-ability studies from Subtitle C regulation.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management Assessment Questions, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.