This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Record Keeping”.
1. EPA ID is required for very small quantity generators. True or False.
Explanation: Very small quantity generators produces ≤100 kg/month, and
≤ kg/month of acute hazardous waste, therefore EPA ID is not required.
2. On-Site Accumulation Quantity of small scale generators is less than ____ kg.
Explanation: The amount of hazardous waste generators small scale generators are allowed to accumulate on site with a permit is <6000kg.
3. Accumulation time limit for SQG is less than or equal to ____ days.
Explanation: Accumulation time limit for SQG is less than or equal to 180 days. It is less than or equal to 200 days if transportation is greater than 200 miles.
4. _____ planning is required for Emergency Procedures while handling SQG waste.
Explanation: Basic Contingency Plan and Emergency Procedures are to follow during an unplanned major event.
5. A generator must keep a copy of each manifest signed for a period of _____ years.
Explanation: A generator must keep a copy of each manifest signed for three years or until he receives a signed copy from the designated facility which received the waste for safe disposal.
6. A transporter must keep a copy of each Biennial Report for three years. True or False.
Explanation: A generator must keep a copy of each Biennial Report and Exception Report for a period of at least three years from the due date of the report.
7. The generator must sign the manifest by ____
Explanation: The generator must sign the manifest certification by hand and obtain the handwritten signature of the initial transporter and date of acceptance on the manifest without fail.
8. For shipments of hazardous waste within the United States only by water ____ copies of manifest must be sent.
Explanation: For shipments of hazardous waste within the United States only by water, the generator must send three copies of the manifest dated and signed in accordance with reference to operator of the designated facility.
9. For rejected shipments of hazardous waste the generator must _____
a) Sign item 18c
b) Sign item 20
c) Sign either
d) Sign e-copy
Explanation: For rejected shipments of hazardous waste the generator must sign either item 18c or 20 and provide the transporter a copy of the manifest.
10. Generator is not held responsible for non-submission of ____
c) Manifest to reporter
d) Manifest to transporter
Explanation: No generator may be held liable for the inability to produce an electronic manifest if the generator demonstrate technical errors.
11. A generator who initiates a shipment of hazardous waste must certify _____ techniques adopted.
a) Waste minimisation
Explanation: A generator who initiates a shipment of hazardous waste must certify economically practicable and effective management process adopted.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.