This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Regulations – CERCLA”.
1. CERCLA is also knows as ___________
Explanation: CERCLA is also known as the Superfund act provided for liability, compensation, clean-up and emergency response in condition with clean-up of contaminated sites.
2. What was the purpose for creating superfund act?
a) Clean up inactive waste sites
b) Chemical analysis
c) Import of chemicals
d) Export of chemicals
Explanation: A major hazardous problem is large number of old dump sites that has been abandoned by owners and still contain large quantity of HW.
3. When was CERCLA enacted?
Explanation: The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) which is commonly known as Superfund, was enacted by Congress on December 11, 1980.
4. Which federal act is responsible for the clean up of abandoned hazardous site?
Explanation: CERCLA established a trust fund to provide for the site clean up when no responsible party could be identified.
5. ____________ defines type of response for the clean up.
Explanation: National Contingency Plan (NCP) has federal authority to respond to the problems of abandoned hazardous waste disposal sites and decides the type of response.
6. Immediate removal should be completed within __________
a) 5 months
b) 6 months
c) 7 month
d) 8 months
Explanation: Immediate removal require prompt response to prevent immediate and significant harm to human health or environment and should be completed within 6 months.
7. Long term removal are those where actions may be taken to address releases requiring prompt response.
Explanation: Long-term remedial response actions are those that are permanently and suggestively reduce the dangers associated with releases of hazardous substances that are serious, but not immediately affecting.
8. Which of the following episode is declared as superfund site?
b) Times beach
c) Love canal
Explanation: NY Federal Emergency Management Agency purchased homes from the vicinity of love canal and EPA later declared the place as superfund site.
9. EPA gives the authority for superfund act to cleanup _________ sites.
Explanation: EPA gives the authority for superfund act to cleanup abandoned hazardous sites which pose threat to human and environment.
10. Love canal was a __________
a) Dump site
c) Waste generator
d) Waste exporter
Explanation: Love canal was a chemical dump site that was later converted into a neighbourhood which affected human health by improper site management.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Hazardous Waste Management
- Participate in Hazardous Waste Management Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Hazardous Waste Management
- Take Hazardous Waste Management Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Hazardous Waste Management Internship
- Practice Civil Engineering MCQs
- Apply for Civil Engineering Internship
- Buy Hazardous Waste Management Books
- Buy Civil Engineering Books