This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Waste Minimization – Tracking System”.
1. _______ generates reports on hazardous waste shipments for TSDFs.
Explanation: The Hazardous Waste Tracking System (HWTS) generates reports on hazardous waste shipments for generators, transporters, and TSDFs for safe waste disposal.
2. _______ should be obtained from generators for transporting of hazardous waste.
a) Hazardous waste manifest
b) Uniform hazardous waste manifest
c) Waste manifest
d) DOT rules form
Explanation: According to EPA and DOT Uniform Hazardous Waste Manifest, a form should be obtained for all HW generators, transporters and recyclers.
3. After receiving hazardous waste from generator the receiving facility has to sign the manifest.
Explanation: After the waste reaches the receiving facility, the receiver signs a manifest confirming the waste acceptance. This accounts for safe transportation and disposal of HW.
4. Tracking system should be dynamic.
Explanation: The elected tracking system should be dynamic and have flexibility to change in response to changes during pollution prevention processes.
5. Tracking system can be improved by modifying _______ system.
b) Chemical component
c) Waste minimization
Explanation: Tracking system can be improved by modifying or constructing optimal waste minimisation system, an intensive data collection system program.
6. Which of the following can be used as a tracking tool?
a) Chemical analysis
d) Barcoding system
Explanation: Hazardous waste ongoing data collection is managed by tracking tools such as barcoding system and container labelling.
7. Tracking system has to be done to prevent ________
a) Illegal waste dumping
b) Waste minimisation
c) Waste generation
d) Waste analysis
Explanation: Without the waste tracking system there would not be track of waste generated, therefore the generator can illegally dump waste on any site. Tracking system keeps record of quantity of waste generated and ensures safe disposal.
8. Hazardous waste tracking system is regulated by ________
a) NPL and RCRA
b) RCRA and CERCLA
c) EPA and DOT
d) CERCLA and EPA
Explanation: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) is responsible for tracking of waste for all generators, transporters and waste recyclers.
9. ________ tracks the status of every state with respect to changes made to the federal regulations of HW.
Explanation: State Authorization Tracking System (StATS) keeps track of the waste status of each state and abides to federal regulations associated with hazardous waste.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Hazardous Waste Management
- Participate in Hazardous Waste Management Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Hazardous Waste Management
- Take Hazardous Waste Management Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Apply for Civil Engineering Internship
- Practice Civil Engineering MCQs
- Apply for Hazardous Waste Management Internship
- Buy Hazardous Waste Management Books
- Buy Civil Engineering Books