Our 1000+ Electrical Machines questions and answers focuses on all areas of Electrical Machines subject covering 100+ topics in Electrical Machines. These topics are chosen from a collection of most authoritative and best reference books on Electrical Machines. One should spend 1 hour daily for 2-3 months to learn and assimilate Electrical Machines comprehensively. This way of systematic learning will prepare anyone easily towards Electrical Machines interviews, online tests, examinations and certifications.
– 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions & Answers in Electrical Machines with explanations
– Every MCQ set focuses on a specific topic in Electrical Machines Subject
Who should Practice these Electrical Machines Questions?
– Anyone wishing to sharpen their knowledge of Electrical Machines Subject
– Anyone preparing for aptitude test in Electrical Machines
– Anyone preparing for interviews (campus/off-campus interviews, walk-in interview and company interviews)
– Anyone preparing for entrance examinations and other competitive examinations
– All – Experienced, Freshers and Students
Here’s list of Questions & Answers on Electrical Machines Subject covering 100+ topics:
1. Questions & Answers on Magnetic Circuits
The section contains questions and answers on singly exicted magnetic systems and energy conversion principles.
|Principle of Energy Conversion||Singly Excited Magnetic Systems|
2. Questions on Basic Concepts in Rotating Machines
The section contains questions on reluctance motor, synchronous motors, singly and doubly excited systems, torque production, rotating machines terms and rotating magnetic field.
3. Questions & Answers on Constructional Features of Rotating Electrical Machines
The section contains questions and answers on constructional features of rotating electrical machines.
Features of Rotating Electrical Machines-1
Features of Rotating Electrical Machines-2
|Features of Rotating Electrical Machines-3|
4. Questions on Principles of Electro mechanical Energy Conversions
The section contains questions and answers on generated emfs.
5. Questions & Answers on Rating and Loss Dissipation
The section contains questions and answers on losses and efficiency, machine ratings and loss dissipation.
Losses and Efficiency – 1
Losses and Efficiency – 2
6. Questions on Electrical Machine Applications/ Armature Reaction and Commutation
The section contains questions on machine applications and action of commutator.
|Machine Applications||Action of Commutator|
7. Questions & Answers on Electromechanical Energy Conversions
The section contains questions and answers on emf generation in armature and torque in dc machines.
|EMF Generated in the Armature||Torque in DC Machines|
8. Questions on DC Machines
The section contains questions on dc machine applications and its circuit models, mmf and flux density waveforms in dc machines, methods of excitation, efficiency and testing of dc machines.
Circuit Model of DC Machines
Methods of Excitation
MMF and Flux Density Waveforms in DC Machines
Effect of Brush Shift and Compensation Windings
Efficiency and Testing of DC Machines
DC Machine Applications
9. Questions & Answers on DC Generators
The section contains questions on rotating amplifiers and operating characteristics of dc generators.
|Operating Characteristics of DC Generators||Rotating Amplifiers|
10. Questions on DC Motors
The section contains questions on characteristics of dc motors and speed control of dc motors, pmdc and dc motor starting.
Operating Characteristics of DC Motors
DC Motor Starting
Speed Control of DC Motors
Permanent Magnet DC (PMDC) Motors
11. Questions & Answers on Synchronous Machines
The section contains questions and answers on physical concepts, Emf Polygons, power angle and power factor control of synchronous machines, excitation systems for synchronous machines, flux and mmf phasors in synchronous machines,synchronous machine applications and measurement of xd and xq.
12. Questions on Synchronous Generators
The section contains questions and answers on characteristics of alternators, phasor diagram of a cylindrical rotor alternator and also voltage regulation of an alternator.
Phasor Diagram of a Cylindrical Rotor Alternator
Voltage Regulation of an Alternator
|Operating Characteristics of Alternators and their Ratings|
13. Questions & Answers on Synchronous Motors
The section contains questions on synchronous motor phasor diagram, starting of synchronous motors and power factor correction.
Synchronous Motor Phasor Diagram
Power Factor Correction by Synchronous Motors
|Starting of Synchronous Motors|
14. Questions on Efficiency and Regulation
The section contains questions and answers on power flow through an inductive impedance, losses and efficiency of synchronous machines.
Power Flow Through an Inductive Impedance – I
Power Flow Through an Inductive Impedance – II
Efficiency of Synchronous Machines
Losses and Efficiency
15. Questions & Answers on Synchronous Machine Stability
The section contains questions on synchronizing power and synchronizing torque, hunting and damper windings and synchronous machine stability.
Synchronizing Power and Synchronizing Torque
Synchronous Machine Stability
|Hunting and Damper Windings|
16. Questions on Induction Machines
The section contains questions on principles of operations, rotor frequency, equivalent circuit and its analysis, induction motor phasor diagram and its operating characteristics, induction generator, circle diagrams of induction machines, flux, mmf phase and waves in induction motors.
17. Questions & Answers on Starting of Induction Motors
The section contains questions on starting of polyphase induction motors.
|Starting of Polyphase Induction Motors-I||Starting of Polyphase Induction Motors-II|
18. Questions on Armature Windings
The sections covers questions on armature windings.
19. Questions & Answers on Transformers
The section contains questions on transformer construction and phasor diagram, open circuit and short circuit test, voltage regulation of transformer, transformer losses and its efficiency, autotransformers, single phase transformer, three phase transformer and ideal two winding transformer.
Wish you the best in your endeavor to learn and master Electrical Machines!