This set of Hazardous Waste Management Multiple Choice Questions & Answers (MCQs) focuses on “Toxicity – Dose Response Relationship”.
1. According to the graph, greater the dose more _____ the response.
Explanation: Greater the dose, the more severe the response is i.e. greater the number of chemical-receptor complex, the more severe response.
2. In the graph, mortality rate is less to certain point because of ______
Explanation: The toxic effects depends on dose and susceptibility of the exposed individual.
3. Lethal dose concentration according to the curve is _____
Explanation: Peak dose is observed to be 50 and the mortality frequency is more in the concentrated dose.
4. According to the graph, low death is observed at low concentration.
Explanation: The exposed population will experience no deaths at low dose, few deaths as dose increases and more death at higher dose.
5. What is the first step in development of dose-response relationship curve?
a) Toxicological end point
b) End point
c) Start point
d) Intermediate point
Explanation: The first step in development of dose-response relationship curve is selecting toxicological end point which is caused by exposure to selected chemical.
6. The toxicological end point for dose-response relationship should be _________
Explanation: The toxicological end point for dose-response relationship should be clear, definitive and directly measurable such as death.
7. Doses are expressed on a _________ basis.
d) End point
Explanation: Reporting on a body size basis allows extrapolation from small test animals to humans.
8. The susceptibility of an individual is a function of ________
Explanation: The susceptibility of an individual is a function of age, diet, health, status, genetics and exposure to agents.
9. Major application of dose-response curve is to obtain ______
Explanation: Major application of dose-response curve is to obtain threshold level and the relative toxicity of chemicals.
10. The highest dose that has no harmful effect on a population is known as ________
Explanation: NOEL is the No observed effect level, which is the highest tested dose of a substance that has reported to have no adverse effect on a population.
11. Which of the following dose is NOAEL according to the curve?
Explanation: The dose 15 mg is considered as no observed adverse effect level on a population. The curve peaks after 17mg, where the effect on a population is observed.
12. Which of the following dose is LOAEL according to the curve?
Explanation: At dose 20mg, it is observed that the threshold dose has lowest observed adverse effect level.
Sanfoundry Global Education & Learning Series – Hazardous Waste Management.
To practice all areas of Hazardous Waste Management, here is complete set of 1000+ Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Get Free Certificate of Merit in Hazardous Waste Management
- Participate in Hazardous Waste Management Certification Contest
- Become a Top Ranker in Hazardous Waste Management
- Take Hazardous Waste Management Tests
- Chapterwise Practice Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Chapterwise Mock Tests: Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Buy Civil Engineering Books
- Apply for Hazardous Waste Management Internship
- Practice Civil Engineering MCQs
- Apply for Civil Engineering Internship
- Buy Hazardous Waste Management Books